• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Migoto Mini-Cleaver + Sujihiki, Morihei TF Fine Finish, Ashi FRKZ

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Withdrawing Ashi for the time-being to think things over.

Heiji measurements are ~51mm heel height, 244mm heel to edge length.

Log for if it's added back.

Ashi FRKZ Swedish Stainless 240mm Gyuto

Purchased from JCK here.
These are hammer forged (from bar stock) Ashi rather than the standard stamped variant and are more "work-horsey" as a result.
Will update w/ photos when I'm back in town but it looks spot on to the photos here
Great knife and I can understand why people love Ashi but I'm looking to downsize.
Used a handful of times and never sharpened or stropped.

Asking my at cost @ $370 shipped CONUS.

Bump. Price adjusted on the TF Petty - $10 and listed kitaeji yanagi; photos will be uploaded once I'm back in town.

Manaka will be sent off to be finished or finished myself (haven't decided which yet) unless there is any interest beforehand; price will be adjusted accordingly if so.

Last edited:
Bump, Ashi is back on the market after a bit of deliberation.

Morihei TF Petty has been price adjusted to a whopping $200 (guess there's no love for small petties here).

Manaka has been withdrawn for the time being while it is refinished and fine-tuned.

Heiji was SPF for the past few days and has now been sold.

BUMP!

Post details:

Heiji 240mm SS Gyuto:

Used once on a potato before I decided that it needed a sharpen out of the box but never ended up finishing it. Selling as is for the next owner to finish.

No tools at the moment but this feels true to Heiji's running over their stated length (although not much over 240mm IMO on this one).

Re. current vendors and availability: Strata has a few IIRC at a price premium, JKI is currently out of the 240s, direct is probably a few month wait as usual, and Japan-messer no longer ships international the last I heard from Hiroshi himself.

Heel height: 51mm
Heel to edge length: 244mm

Paid ~ 357 Euro from Japan-messer, asking $300 shipped CONUS.

Last edited:
images.jpeg

I would snag this Morihei Petty if were located in EU. 200$ is a great price, good luck!

Photos of the Ashi? I didn’t see any in the thread, and the instagram links don’t load for me

It’s quite thick at the tang—how would you describe the taper?
Ah whoops thanks for the reminder. Photos have been uploaded to the main (?) / first post of the thread. It's definitely thicker at the tang compared to standard Ashi but I'd say that the taper is good; although I will let the picture speak for itself as I'm not the most knowledgeable here. I can't quite compare it to other Ashi as this was my first but it is a solid cutter with good F&F as to be expected with their offerings.

Bump. Throwing a $20 discount on the Ashi and $50 on the Yanagi (too lazy to edit the main post for this).

Edit 06/01: edited to the main post.

Last edited:
Bump.

Change-log:

Increased price a tad on the Kitaeji Yanagiba after recent conversations and the current market outlook but far from JNS pricing new. I considered pushing prices up further - especially given the other Kitaeji Yanagi on BST and the chance that whomever purchases this will likely sell for considerably more down the line - but opted not to.

Added Togashi White #2 Chuka due to a rare find and my "buy one, sell one" rule.

Sheesh, it's been well over a month since this was last bumped but back in town now.

Last edited:
Bump, received some interest on the Mini Cleaver on its own but not looking to sell w/o bundling for the time being.

Photos on the Mini-Cleaver due to file attachment limits per post.

Attachments

• 20230828_121010[1].jpg
    20230828_121010[1].jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230828_121021[1].jpg
    20230828_121021[1].jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230828_121033[1].jpg
    20230828_121033[1].jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230828_121109[1].jpg
    20230828_121109[1].jpg