misono ux10 and konosuke hh steels???

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nik-q1

Reaction score
Does anyone actually know what steel is in these knives?

UX10-Misono says special Swedish stainless steel
CKTG-says its AELB/13c26
Old forum posts say 19c27 MOST of the time.

Konosuke HH-Also says Special Swedish SS
-people say 13c26 most likely

I have owned/used both. Both very different in characteristics. Of course treatment and manipulation of steel explains differences as well as profile and geometry. Just wondering if anyone knows what these are as FACT??

I don't believe anyone has confirmed the UX10 steel on the forums. Perhaps send CKTG a message/question about it.

Based on my limited experience, I would have to guess that the UX10 is not 19c27; someone (not pointing fingers) has left it wet and or dirty overnight and there hasn't been much of any patina/corrosion. 19c27 in the knife I handled tended on the less stain resistant side of stainless steels.

I don't believe anyone has confirmed the UX10 steel on the forums. Perhaps send CKTG a message/question about it.

Based on my limited experience, I would have to guess that the UX10 is not 19c27; someone (not pointing fingers) has left it wet and or dirty overnight and there hasn't been much of any patina/corrosion. 19c27 in the knife I handled tended on the less stain resistant side of stainless steels.

Interesting. I have a few 19c27 knives and find them to be some of the most corrosion resistant SwedishSS Ive seen. And thought that corrosion resistance was one of their attributes. But I also never have left them wet and uncleaned. so I could be mistaken.

Yeah. I guess I could ask Mark at CKTG.

I have an Artifex in 13C26, and a Suisin Inox honyaki in 19C27. I think the Artifex gets a bit sharper and the Suisin has a bit better edge retention. During sharpening they both feel and behave very similar. But based on these tiny differences my guess would indeed be 13C26.

Back