• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Mizukihara natural stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greasylake

Thick knives save lives
Reaction score
For sale today is a mizukihara (I need to figure out a new way to start these posts) mid-grit sharpening stone. I actually really enjoy using this stone. It's pretty soft and with a wide bevel and a little pressure it releases lots of mud, but with a lighter pressure during sharpening it releases a little less mud and leaves a refined but very toothy edge. I would say it performs similar to an aoto in that regard, but is a little bit higher in grit than a typical aoto. Using this after an aoto leaves a great edge for vege, but I got great results going from a 1k synth then jumping to this one as a finisher. I've taken some finish pics just to show what it does, but I don't recommend it as a polisher, it seems to release a coarse grit during sharpening that leaves a scratchy finish, and that's why I compare it to an aoto. Sides are sealed but not the bottom. The stone is a little on the thirsty side but not overly so, so I didn't feel the need to seal the bottom after I received it. Both top and bottom are flat and usable, bottom has more lines than the top but I didn't notice it affecting the edge, although they can be felt during polishing.

Asking $65 shipped CONUS for this one, happy to ship internationally but due to the low price please DM first

Size: 161mm*63mm*28mm
Weight: 691g

20221005_232805.jpg

20221005_232823.jpg
20221005_232831.jpg
20221005_232835.jpg
20221005_232847.jpg
20221005_232842.jpg

Back