• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Morihei Akimitsu Ginsan Damascus 240 Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pd7077

Reaction score
I picked this up a few months ago because I keep trying to see if I can ever get into lasers. I was a bit skeptical about the finish because it reminded me a lot of the Yoshimi Kato SG2 that I tried during a passaround a few years ago. As I suspected, the finish was super grabby, and it really hindered the knife’s performance. I decided to strip the original finish and redo it in a way that would make the knife less grabby going through product. While the performance improved by leaps and bounds, it has pretty much solidified that lasers aren’t for me so it’s time to let it go.

I am the second owner. It was originally purchased from Strata Portland for $890. Below is the link of the exact knife as posted by Hitohira:

https://hitohira-japan.com/products...7&_sid=7dc51baa7&_ss=r&variant=31295774883975

Edge length: 242mm
Heel height: 51mm
Weight: 155g It was 176g with the original ebony/horn handle. I replaced the handle with Konosuke ebony handle. While it lost some weight, it also moved the balance point forward a bit. Balance point is now about 1/2” in front of the heel.

Asking $650 shipped & insured. I’ll cover the first $20 for international buyers. If you don’t want the kiri box, I don’t mind keeping it and will knock off $75.

Before (Photos from Hitohira):
RyFQz13.jpg

QWGoUOr.jpg

2vb7RNE.jpg

lyPMjtP.jpg

After:
UXXx31I.jpg

J86JVyZ.jpg

VN8dNXD.jpg

g1LHflz.jpg

nlbTSNQ.jpg

OkgtZsK.jpg