• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Morihei Hisamoto Kurouchi White #1 Gyuto 240mm Pakka Handle (Fine Finish)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
Just received my TF Denka 240 so reluctantly I need to let this Morihei/Teruyasu Fujiwara 247x53 gyuto go.

Note, Morihei are no longer offering the 'Fine Finish' ie Jnat blade road polish. All new releases have the standard brushed finish only.

This 240 has been used a couple of times and has a very faint patina. My knife was the actual one used for the beauty shots on Hitohira and the specs are based on this too. Unsharpened and still has the stickers plus original box.

https://hitohira-japan.com/products/aaa-020-fa240?_pos=63&_sid=e3607bd52&_ss=r&variant=6946416099381

Asking $400 shipped CONUS. Prefer to ship to US address but willing to consider international and ship fully insured at cost.

Last edited:
Pics showing current condition. The 240 gyuto is far left

And the really nice patina these Morihei/TF's develop along the polished areas. I find the cladding pretty non-reactive for soft iron.

Would love to pick this up but don't quite have the scratch. I have one of the other hisamoto models and it is a delight!

Apologies to all those who have responded, but I'm withdrawing this for the moment.

Coincidentally I've been on a feverish hunt for this exact knife the past couple days !

how does it compare with denka?
Which Denka? If we're talking about the 210 2nd from right its a different animal. The Denka is laserish behind the edge, gets a toothy edge that just falls through produce, and keeps the edge for longer compared to the W#1 Morihei. The Hisamoto is most like a Mab which isnt surprising as it uses the same core steel.

Back