• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Morihei Hisamoto Kurouchi White #1 Gyuto 240mm Pakka Handle (Fine Finish)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corradobrit1

Reaction score
Selling a Morihei/Teruyasu Fujiwara 247x53 gyuto. My knife was the actual one used for the beauty shots on the Hitohira site and the specs are based on this too. Cladding is quite unreactive, acquiring some really nice blue's and oranges.

https://hitohira-japan.com/products/aaa-020-fa240?_pos=63&_sid=e3607bd52&_ss=r&variant=6946416099381

Note, Morihei are no longer offering the 'Fine Finish' ie Jnat blade road polish. All new releases have the standard brushed finish only. F&F especially around the bolster and handle is noticeably more refined than found on the regular TF Yo Mab and Denka's.

This 240 has been used a couple of times and has a very faint patina. Unsharpened and still has the stickers plus original box. Full disclosure: I did notice two very small marks in the cladding that are barely felt with fingernail. These should easily polish out.

Asking $400 shipped CONUS. Prefer to ship to US address but willing to consider international and ship fully insured at cost.

Current pics

Patina:

Last edited:
I have the same knife, which replaced my TF maboroshi. This knife out performs the maboroshi at a cheaper price. Glws
Yes the equivalent TF Maboroshi will cost $525 shipped direct now and these Morihei's have had more love sprinkled on them. Same core steel, forged in house. If you're risk adverse these are no brainers.

Someone buy this. I'm not a TF everything type of guy but I have a shorter mab and a 240. I was going to get rid of them until I was able to thin my shorter one and put a killer edge on it. I understand the hype now and started thinning my 240 and if I didn't start that process already I would have sold that and got this. Mine is only 50mm high and I think 53mm would be perfect for this knife. Looks nice and thin and with the fine finish it has a great blade road.

Choil shot

rYnxFsa.jpg

And just to reiterate. These fine finish variants with the Jnat polished blade road (work by Mr Oguro himself), will not be offered anymore.

Final price drop $375 shipped

Last edited:
Back