• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Motoyama Showa 1930 Barber Stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of a bunch of stones to free up some cash and space. Some of these stones I thought I would never get rid of but one can't plan for every eventuality. If anyone wants multiple stones, take $20 off for each additional stone. All stones are lacquered on the sides and bottom. Prices include domestic shipping to the U.S. Will ship international for extra $$.

#2 Motoyama Showa 1930 Barber Stone

I know that is a strange description for a stone but that was how it was described to me when I purchased it from a Kyoto barber shop that was going out of business. I was told it was in use at the barber shop since at least 1930. It is a extremely fine, relatively fast, and consistent stone that leaves inky black swarf instantly. This stone is not for a beginner but is not difficult to use after raising a slurry. I normally use it with water only and it brings out details in the steel like no other stone I've used. Note the "clouds" visible in the polish. This stone can obviously be used for razors but I used it for it's polishing abilities and to put screaming sharp edges on yanagibas - the kind of edge that removes fingerprints. It measures 76x210x20mm and weighs 1029g with the Jatoba base I put it on. Asking $250. SOLD

[URLtarget]
[URLtarget][
[URLtarget]
[URLtarget]
[URLtarget]

Last edited:
Back