Mr. Drinky's Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget this beauty!

attachment.php

What the hell it this? Were you banging it against the edge of anvil or something?

Now that I got my package back from Dave, I will add a few more photos. On top is the Kikuichi TKC that Dave recently rehandled. The handle looks amazing in person.

In the middle is my Hiro AS from the first rehandle pre-buy Dave did a couple years back. Mine was the second one he did.

And the bottom knife is my #10 Martell. Also fresh from Dave after a slight regrind. The Martell maker's mark is on the opposite side of the Japanese knives.

k.

IMGP1394.jpg

IMGP1395.jpg

Now that I got my package back from Dave, I will add a few more photos. On top is the Kikuichi TKC that Dave recently rehandled. The handle looks amazing in person.
In the middle is my Hiro AS from the first rehandle pre-buy Dave did a couple years back. Mine was the second one he did.
And the bottom knife is my #10 Martell. Also fresh from Dave after a slight regrind. The Martell maker's mark is on the opposite side of the Japanese knives.
k.

All 3 of these look really nice.

Didn't realize that you had Martell re-handle #2 from the first Hiro group buy, Drinky. I have #1 from the group buy, and am moving to St. Paul in August. We'll have to compare notes and test them against your Martell gyuto.

Definitely. And on that day of your move the quality of knives in MN will go up overall. There aren't many of us Minnesotans. Btw my first Hiro is in the shop getting thinned up and some etched racing stripes put on :) Good luck on the move.

k.

I've been delinquent on posting the rest of my knives. I think I was mesmerized by Rick's photos ;)

Anyhow here are a couple more pictures. The first one is of the kids knives. In order: Kai, Suncraft, Misono, Konosuke Nakiri, Toyokuni, and Masahiro.

The second picture is of my other knives: Mitsuaki-T* paper knife, Kansei pocket folder, folding lift-bevel Kiridashi, and Zakuri damascus from JKI.

k.

kidsknives.jpg

otherknives.jpg

I forgot that you rehandled your Misono child's knife! I thought that was so awesome when you originally did it.

What's the spalted folder? That looks cool also...

Stefan

The kiddie knife collection is incredible. The re-handled Misono (of course), and that Konosuke nakiri...incredible!

Some more knives.

First photo is of my other gyutos: DT 270, Ealy 270, Fowler 270, and Misono UX10 240.

Next picture is of my smalls: Kanemasa petty, Rodrigue parer, Rodrigue parer, and Miyabi parer.

Then I threw in a family picture of handles and a patina shot on my two Fowlers and Martell.

k.

gyutos4.jpg

smalls.jpg

patina.jpg

handles2.jpg

It's funny, traditionally we are so used to seeing westerns with factory black handles. We all run to change them with cool burls and such; so much that this HHH in black seems unusually elegant and stunning.

Great collection.

Black sympathetic materials be pedestrian. Black wood is kewl. :doublethumbsup:
It's funny, traditionally we are so used to seeing westerns with factory black handles. We all run to change them with cool burls and such; so much that this HHH in black seems unusually elegant and stunning.

Great collection.

Back