• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Natties. Quality stones, good prices!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,

These are all priced lower than I had intended, hopefully for a quick sale.
A couple have been collated from older sale threads. I will take pics and vids later in the week. Prices include fees but not postage, which is from the UK and costs about 30usd to the US, 20usd to EU, but I get more accurate amounts when needed.

DSC_1469.JPG

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lv4jNUs8QTmSdBs77

1. Ohira Uchigumori
145 x 54 x 32
$150
Small but pretty. Lots of renge with more coming through. Previous owner had scraped out a line, but I think it's harmless as I've felt nothing yet and has been lapped a few times. Not as soft as some uchi, but as you can see it gets muddy. Dark jigane with great contrast.

2. Yaginoshima Asagi
208 x 77 x 35
$240
Great size. Clean, very smooth feeling. Easy to work up a considerable mud for a stone so fine. I often use after a coarser suita for fine finishing, and gives nice shine to a kasumi. Purchased from Otto who I think has fond memories of this one.

3. Hakka
187 x 62 x 25
$150
I had been expecting this to be softer, and it surprised me to find it a medium hard 3.5 ish stone. Really nice classic hakka contrast on cladding. Has an interesting streaky, sandstone visual quality.

4. Nakayama mizu asagi koppa
195 x 88 x 13 (max)
$110
Hard razor finisher from JNS. Cuts fast. Very fine, leaves ultra polished edges and mirror.

5. Renge Suita
205 x 77 x 26.
$280
A superb suita from an unknown mine. Not the quickest stone, but really clean and once the slurry gets going displays classic suita buttery vibes. The slurry breakdown on this one is really nice too, as she starts at the low to mid side of the finisher spectrum, but slurry refinement means finishes much finer. Unsealed.

Last edited:
Original stamps on Yaginoshima from
Morihei.

Great little asagi and with impeccable provenance.

IMG_4078.jpg
IMG_4080.jpg

Top photo is unedited but white balance is whack, the stone is much, much greyer than that and not yellow at all.

Thanks Otto. Yup I've had a lot of fun with this stone the last couple years!

Is the bottom of the #5 Suita stone relatively flat?

Thanks,
Matt

Yes the borrow is very flat. It looks as though at some point in its life someone has flattened the kawa on the bottom. Bit of a sin in my books as I love a good kawa (which this might have had), but practically speaking she sits flat.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lv4jNUs8QTmSdBs77

Link to folder. Has new vids of the stones, along with a bunch of older photos I could find from the archives. The kiridashi closeup is with the uchi. The wrought clad HF is with the renge suita. The tako with mirror hira, with the yaginoshima.

Apologies (as always) for the whack camera, heavy breathing, and screaming children in the background (not mine)

Last edited:
Hakka sold
My first jnat and I loved it. It took a little while to work up, but after adding a little synthetic nagura it started releasing mud. Will enjoy this stone very much.

Thanks Jacob, appreciate the sale.

Jacob is an awesome man and I truly recommend dealing with him!
These stones all look superb shame I'm currently not in the market for natties or else I would've taken them all! GLWS!

And another one lost down the rabbit hole :D
Never had an edge that polished before. Had some old tomatoes and thought at first I had over polished it. It cut paper like nothing and shaved arm hair, but wouldn't get any through the tomato but tried a plum which was less waxy and soft-old and it cut the skin like nothing.

Last edited:
Yeah, same as what Kingkor said - Jacob was awesome to deal with and super helpful and chill. The stones that I saw were in perfect shape and he took the time to explain things.

Back