• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Nenox S-1 sujihiki 230mm with quince wood handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am trimming down my collection to make room and money for new knives. First up, I am selling a very beautiful Nenox 230mm sujihiki with the now-discontinued quince wood handle. The knife is extremely thin from heel to tip. Unlike most of Nenox's sujihiki in other handle materials, the quince wood handle version has perfect balance right at the bolster. This makes the knife very wieldy and nimble. The versatility allows this knife to handle fine tip work to prep work to slicing. In fact, I love this 230mm suji so much I own three in different handle materials!

This knife is used exclusively in a home environment, and frankly hasn't seen much use since I have two other of the same suji. This knife has been sharpened 3-4 times only and I just recently put a new, polished edge on it. There are some superficial scratches from sharpening which can be easily removed with some sandpaper if desired.

This is the S-1 model, which if new, should be priced in-line with the Corian handle version. Currently the Corian handle variant is selling for $415 new, without saya, at Korin. I am selling mine for $350 including saya and shipping in CONUS. That is over $100 off pre-tax retail price!

1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back