• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ohira Aka Renge Shuminagashi Suita - Price drop and bonus stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwalker

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of a bunch of stones to free up some cash and space. Some of these stones I thought I would never get rid of but one can't plan for every eventuality. If anyone wants multiple stones, take $20 off for each additional stone. All stones are lacquered on the sides and bottom. Prices include domestic shipping to the U.S. Will ship international for extra $$.

#1 Ohira Aka Renge Shuminagashi Suita

I purchased this stone from Watanabe in 2016. It has medium hardness and is easy to use. The easiest suita I have ever used in fact. It can be used with or without kicking up a slurry and leaves good contrast with a very fine scratch pattern and simi-mirror on the hagane. It is fairly fast cutting as well. It is a great stone for beginners and experienced users alike. It leaves a fine working edge. It really is a do everything stone and I can't say enough good about it. The lines are benign and can't be felt. I paid 64,000 yen more than 5 years ago. It measures 64x205x36mm and weighs 1428g with the Jatoba base I put it on. Asking $575. New price $525 or best offer. Bonus Uchi included.

Pic when first arrived
[URLtarget]

As it is now
[URLtarget]
[URLtarget]

Swarf with water only
[URLtarget]

Mud from lapping plate
[URLtarget]

Last edited:
Price drop to $525.00 and I will also include a 141g chunk of high quality Uchi for making fingerstones.

Back