Old new member

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trilby

Reaction score
Hello to all of you fellow culinarians.

I "joined" a couple of years ago while doing some research for a big (to me anyways) quality knife purchase. At the time I had already bought a couple of Ken Onion Shun's (They were pretty new at the time) and many other Shun's because of the 20% discount and their uniqueness. I also performed some food demonstrations at Williams and Sonoma and received additional discounts.

Now I gotta say Im from the Texas hill country, between Austin and San Antonio, a place called Canyon Lake. I worked in kitchens where a nice knife was a Henckels lol. I attended culinary school in Houston and immediately found a job in a fine dining joint in San Antonio (One of a small handful at the time)

I wanted to see what else was out there besides Williams and Sonoma's display case's. One of the first places I came was here...The Kitchen Knife Forums...

I had never even heard of Korin or knew about custom makers. I have fell in love once again recently with some the amazing woodwork that is done. Some handles are more beautiful than the actual blade in my opinion. Im currently in the process of replacing my "home collection" knives due to a recent burglary. I stay with my girlfriend a lot, I dog loves her huge back yard compared to our apartment, and Im pretty sure someone just noticed we've been gone a lot lately. I have a bad habit of leaving the blinds cracked for my pup. I had a couple of s types and an ironwood 7inch debra....my workhorse..I spent a paycheck on that thing at the time lol. Im selling some of the knives I bought as a young cook to at least replace that one.

My career path has lead me into feeding the masses. I don't use knives the way I use to. But cooking for myself and others is much more intimate of course. Having your go to's is just a necessity almost lol.

I wanna say again that being re-invited to the forum has made me really appreciate all the great work the custom guys do. I want to experience that kind of stuff first hand. I find almost as interesting as the food that many of us make. I create something and it disappears. The knife and handle folks art last several life times. The pottery guys and gals are amazing too!!

Anywho, I could ramble forever about anything kitchen related so I'll end here.

Have a good one y'all!

sorry to hear about the theft, but always glad to see more pros join the forum so home cooks like me can learn from them.

I appreciate your regards.

I look forward to learning even more from all of y'all. Maybe even some trades here and there.

-Nik

Welcome back, hope to hear your experiences in different kitchen.

Back