• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Old School Classic Takeda

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey All!

Okay so I'm not sure how many people might be willing to give one of these up but if you are send me a message. Interested in buying an old school, classic thin, higher up bevels (please no wedge monster) Takeda that has been well cared for. I'm totally fine with it having some use or having been thinned or sharpened over time. I owned a Takeda from the early 2000's and that thing was magic. Ideally a gyuto profile but really I'm pretty open on this and know it might not be the easiest find.

Based up theses requirements in assuming it will be a KU carbon (pre stainless clad days). That said I'm open to it if its a bit newer but you've had it reworked or reground to be like the old ones.

Good suggestion, have tried that though, he doesn't seem interested in doing so. Asked about it and got a fairly short "no" in a few more words from him then he stopped responding.

Takeda direct sadly isn't Watanabe or Heiji direct where they really seem to care/be interested at least in my experience.

I mean it's worth a try, don't get me wrong, just saying I didn't have very good luck. Maybe I caught him in a bad mood or whatever haha

Maybe we need to set up email accounts for the express purpose of asking him, until he gives in lol

Takeda Classic line

Yeah I would be down for that. But really....hoping someone has one of these they want to let go of ;)

I also bought a new profile bunka and had it professionally thinned. It’s my favorite knife to date. I do however own an old stock AS honesuki and it definitely feels magical. Good luck with the search!

Thanks all, I mean I'll keep this going for a while but having a new one reground is certainly an option. I'm a bit concerned about losing some of the hollow in the grind in doing that but at the same time it may be the best option depending on what comes up...

I have a 300 Gyuto AS but I don't think it is old school AS as the bevels are not high. Very thin though. Never sharpened. It is too big for me to use but maybe that is why I like having it around as it is so big.

Back