• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Old School Mario pair

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is a pair from Mario, an amazing maker from years ago no longer active. He was well known for a great, very flat profile - cross between Masamoto KS and Miz. And his D shape handles.

This pair is CPM-154, close to a mirror finish, rounded choils, and handles of Bog Oak and Mammoth Tooth in a large D shape.

Large is 240mm x 55mm
Small is 195mm x 50mm

For now, only considering selling these sentimental beauties as a pair. $1,200 for the pair shipped CONUS. International considered based on shipping costs.
Mario 1.jpg
Mario 2.jpg
Mario 3.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, I was asleep at the wheel last night. Congrats to the buyer! A Mario gyuto is still on my wish list. I was in the queue when he stopped making knives. It was enjoyable watching Mario and Marko learn knifemaking, and quickly advance. In those days Devin Thomas and Bill Burke ruled the high-end of US makers, and Mario and Marko were producing much more affordable options. Maybe one day Mario will will jump back in as a hobbyist maker. Sigh.

Damn, I was asleep at the wheel last night. Congrats to the buyer! A Mario gyuto is still on my wish list. I was in the queue when he stopped making knives. It was enjoyable watching Mario and Marko learn knifemaking, and quickly advance. In those days Devin Thomas and Bill Burke ruled the high-end of US makers, and Mario and Marko were producing much more affordable options. Maybe one day Mario will will jump back in as a hobbyist maker. Sigh.
So true Dave! I think they took a lot of cues from the old Forum in terms of grinds people liked, and worked super hard at their craft. And I loved that they developed D shaped handles when they weren't so prevalent. I don't think I'll ever let go of my first Mario, and my Marko collection is stupid lol.

Funny you mention Bill Burke. There was a knife for sale here way way back, from chef Huw in Australia. The most beautiful Burke with an all horn handle. I didn't have the guts to pull the trigger at such a price tag back then, but I still think about that knife.

So true Dave! I think they took a lot of cues from the old Forum in terms of grinds people liked, and worked super hard at their craft. And I loved that they developed D shaped handles when they weren't so prevalent. I don't think I'll ever let go of my first Mario, and my Marko collection is stupid lol.

Funny you mention Bill Burke. There was a knife for sale here way way back, from chef Huw in Australia. The most beautiful Burke with an all horn handle. I didn't have the guts to pull the trigger at such a price tag back then, but I still think about that knife.
I picked up a barely-used Burke gyuto with horn handle in 2016 from the forum member who commissioned it. It's a knife I will never sell. The scimitar I commissioned is also on the 'never sell' list.

Geeze, 10+ years ago Colin used to beat on Burkes all day long in a pro kitchen. Back in the days when you could get a damascus Kramer for $3.5k if you got picked. The 'buy two and sell one' days of Kramer.

I picked up a barely-used Burke gyuto with horn handle in 2016 from the forum member who commissioned it. It's a knife I will never sell. The scimitar I commissioned is also on the 'never sell' list.

Geeze, 10+ years ago Colin used to beat on Burkes all day long in a pro kitchen. Back in the days when you could get a damascus Kramer for $3.5k if you got picked. The 'buy two and sell one' days of Kramer.
Crazy to think about me paying $800 for my Kramer!!!...The good Ole days!...🤣

Back