Overgrind Into The Edge

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No biggie, you just use the part that touches the board! Or use it in hand......

Oh :censored:, that knife is totally.

Tb, I had the same idea! Wood blades it is.

Anyone know what I can do with this Moritaka?

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

I would say a gentler technique as well as a more obtuse angle.:tease:

No seriously though you'll just have to grind that bad boy out. That is a bummer. I had a Moritaka never had an problems other than the ridiculously over-reactive cladding. Sucks to see that happen to a knife

ya and put a micro bevil on the finished product. The chipping will go away.

It wasn't a big problem until the second pic.

I am not sure how the chip got there, I am pretty sure someone tried to sharpen it with one of those cheap sharpeners though. At least that would account for the chipped edge, but no one will fess up to the big chip.

I have a knife with a similar overgrind to Dave's original post and it is kinda funny because for a while I was a little pissed off because I thought I had undersharpened the heel because it was lower than the area just after it, but at least now I know it wasn't my fault

No biggie, you just use the part that touches the board! Or use it in hand......

Everyone just needs to stop cuting on hard flat boards, cut on a stack if old newspaper or some wet towls.

In the 1st pic Dave was the blade bent at all? It kind of looks like you would get that kind of overgrinde if the edge wasn't straght?

Back