Quick introduction

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isasmedjan

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here so i thought that i would introduce myself!
My name is Jonas Johnsson and i live and work in Sweden.
I am in the beginning of starting up my business called Isasmedjan (kind of translated to Iceforge in English).
For starters it's parttime but hopefully i can slowly evolve it to fulltime.
Currently i'm not doing any commissioning because of family and dayjob.
All work i do will end up in my upcoming webstore, i will post here once it's up and running!
My work is sole authorship except i don't dye and stabilize my handlematerial, and i don't make my own steel (yet :O)that i leave to others better equipped with gear and knowledge!
I forge my own highcarbon damascus from mainly 1080 and 15n20, i'm drawn to simple bold patterns but occasionally i do mosaics!
I like to use both natural and stabilized handlematerial, it's always selected to go with the pattern on the blade, for me estetics are almost as important as performance in a knife :wink:
I do like to make any kind of knife but my focus and passion lies on chefknives!
My mission for 2018 is to get the store up and running in the beginning of the year, i will also have a couple of knives competing in some scandinavian competitions and i will attending a couple of scandinavian knifeshows as well as maybe some European show later this year (haven't desided yet).

I hope you will find my work interesting and feel free to ask anything, i will answer to the best of my ability.

Here is an example of my work that will be avaliable in the store:

IMG_1291.jpg

Welcome Jonas! I am near you 1-2 times a year for business. Maybe we can arrange a meeting at some time?!

All the best for your business plans! Keep the knives coming, we are a curious (and impatient) crowd here! :viking:

Welcome and it looks like your off to a great start. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Welcome Jonas! I am near you 1-2 times a year for business. Maybe we can arrange a meeting at some time?!

All the best for your business plans! Keep the knives coming, we are a curious (and impatient) crowd here! :viking:

Thank you! Let me know when you are coming next, maybe we can set up a meeting if it's possible :doublethumbsup:

I'll keep them coming as fast as i can :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back