• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Raquin

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're eliminating a lot of potential knives with the "bog oak" ask. I'm not sure if you're aware, but raquin does burnt oak, not bog oak. They look very similar from a distance or in pictures, but he very rarely works with bog oak. I did a quick search and the only one I could find is this one, which you can see he didn't even make the handle for. Raquin is one of those makers who very very rarely strays from his norm, so whatever bog oak handles that do exist will probably eventually be clutched in the cold, dead hands of they're owner. I have an engraved raquin that's the only one in existence that I know of, and trust me I'll probably never get rid of it. You'd probably just be better off looking for a regular handle and having one of the very talented woodworkers on here make you one to your specifications. Just my 2 cents 👍🏼

Back