rates going up, electricity going up. will there be and good deals soon?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inferno

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) <*))))><
Reaction score
So around here the central bank is upping the interest rate, the repo rate. and then all the banks need to up their rates too. home loans. these might be at 5% or so pretty soon. or even higher. maybe 7%

and at the same time we have 10-20x times more expensive electricity than normal, and its not even cold yet.

so, what might happen this winter? what do you think?

i'm in the market for a motorcycle. right now HD sportsters go for about 4k €,
hayabusas 3,5-4k. older yamaha fazers 1000cc for around 2-2,5k. etc etc.

i have a feeling these will go for half that price in jan-feb. I'm willing to spend 1k€ for a bike. yeah i want a hayabusa for 1k :)

what do you guys think? how will the used motorcycle prices, or "used anything" prices develop in the next few months you think?

mortgage interest is already close to 5% over here, still I'd look at petrol price expectations if you're interested in a suicide bike (I'd probably kill myself within weeks of getting a hayabusa).
Gas guzzler devaluate rapidly with rising petrol prices, I bought my S6 dirt cheap when petrol was expensive.

If we go into a full blown recession anything used becomes cheap IMO, as folks will be scrambling for money and liquidating assets is one way.

i want one of those death rockets!
sure, I want one too....it's just that I know I cannot be trusted with machinery like that.....
I quit motor cycle drving lessons for the same reason, getting onto the highway at 140km/h having to answer the instructor what I was doing....power is binary, it's on (as in full throttle) or off on a bike for me.

My former landlord owned a Haya and he used to do street bike contests ( drag racing) with it, heck he even rode it when he was absurdly pissed....yet he somehow managed to control his right hand when it mattered.

one of my good buddies got a turbo busa last year. he says its awesome. 350-400 horses or so. he's never taken it above 250 yet :)

now thats good character!

tssssss. a friend of me had a turbo bike in the 80ies, and he dropped it would do 280 or so....so I asked him if it indeed did, and he never tried so I did....and it did do 270 or so indeed (got a bit distracted by the loose tail end at that speed), the only issue is that the white paint on the road gets slippery beyond 250 or so....
(that was before even thinking about a motorcycle drivers license)

300-400 horses in a bike would be sudden death for me, good character is not my forte I'm afraid.
Heck I haven't maxxed out the S6 more than like three times on the Autobahn, it's way too busy most of the time, even my current car has not seen my need for speed very often......sniff

i heard when the hayabusas get really fast you actually need to nail down the paint to the fairings. with like, 3 inch nails. otherwise it will simply flake off.

I can imagine, I have seen the old haya and that is fast as heck, so strapping a turbo to that makes it a sudden death trap even more, hell who needs paint anyway...you're going faster than anyone being able to see you

now i'm looking at harleys.

i can't imagine ever killing myself with one of those lead sleds. i'm thinking the bike would simply self destruct or implode or something way, way before the speeds gets even remotely dangerous. so its like a self regulating system somehow. maybe this is good.

did you know there are exhaust systems for these that are called "street cannons" lol.

hahahaha, yeah I agree, those are sort of a self imposed safety feature...but hey, a Harley....booring....

did you know there are exhaust systems for these that are called "street cannons" lol.
great name, I heard too many of those....I used to live in Amsterdam near the A10 so I am acutely aware of how that name came about

I'll take this over any bike...4 weels is safer anytime, any day
atmospheric V8, what a joy , and soon to be a dinosaur...I count myself lucky to have driven that!
Overtaking other cars was a treat and an exercise is self control at the same time

Last edited:
the current ride is more like this

i ride a bicycle :)

well to be honest i have 4 of them. titanium, steel, steel, steel. and then i gave my dad a titanium one. all built from frame up. no compromises.

but now when i think about it. i have about 30 grand in bikes. i could have bought blow for that cash. a lot of blow.

marcel i have to tell you a story. its quite funny.

so like 3-4 years ago. i was looking at different bike manufaturers sites. you know, just browsing. my idea was to get a dedicated winter bike. so i didn't have to change wheels or tires on my regular commuter bike. around here you need studded tires in the winter.

so i went looking at lynskeys site. lynskey is the biggest titanium bike manufacturer in the world. i click "cyclocross" and then i see they have their ****ing top of the line 6al4v frame with a square downtube that they have twisted 360 degrees into a helix and the top tube being triangular on sale.

instead of 4400$ its now 1400$, and i'm thinking they must be liquidating old stock or some ****. this is on their own website. so i order a medium frame thinking they would just put it in a box and ship that old **** out.

the new model had a different headtube standard and new shittier bottom bracket standard.

then 1 day after i get an email. hello dear inferno we have just started producing your frame.

and then then next day. we have just finsihed producing your frame.

and then the next day they were finsihing (it was brushed finish) my frame.

and i'm like, they gotta be ****ing kidding me. they sell me this frame at like 25% of retail. straight from the maker. and its not old stock. they build it when you order it. like a custom order.

and it arrived a few days later. it was a very nice frame. so i built it up and rode it for a few months. then i gave it to my dad. and i specifically told him DONT ****ING put a motor on it. ride it like it is.

first thing he does is to put a 3,5kw motor on it. and the first time he tried it the whole bike somehow got airborne and flew into the woods 10 m away.

mortgage interest is already close to 5% over here, still I'd look at petrol price expectations if you're interested in a suicide bike (I'd probably kill myself within weeks of getting a hayabusa).
Gas guzzler devaluate rapidly with rising petrol prices, I bought my S6 dirt cheap when petrol was expensive.

If we go into a full blown recession anything used becomes cheap IMO, as folks will be scrambling for money and liquidating assets is one way.

Great philosophy on buying property:
You date the interest rate but you marry the property.

Back