Riiiiight...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bert2368

Reaction score
Hellish frozen Northern wasteland, aka MN
"It's the powerful electric slicer that gives you the feel and precision of a chainsaw."

https://www.sharperimage.com/view/p...ect&utm_medium=PaidSocial&utm_source=Facebook
207016-p3.jpg

It has to be satire, I thought, before I clicked on the link.

The lengths people will go to, to avoid using a sharp knife...

I do kind of like the idea of flinging bits of turkey onto my guests, though. Also, the phrase "precision of a chainsaw" will be occupying my brain space for some time.

Wellllll.... it probably does give you the precision of a chainsaw.

That is to say, almost none.

You probably don't get the vibration, noise or smell of a 4.8 KW Stihl, though.

Let alone the kickback.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why they went for the whole chainsaw replica look. What is all the different protection/locking handles for? Looks heavy. Otherwise I like it. It looks like my kids’ toys.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why they went for the whole chainsaw replica look. What is all the different protection/locking handles for? Looks heavy. Otherwise I like it. It looks my kids’ toys.

I assure you, the chainsaw dressup is a selling point to some in North America regardless of making the thing heavy, unbalanced and lower performance.

Style above substance-

De gustibus non est disputandum

Used electric chainsaws to rough cut, finish off with ice chisels. Did thousands of ice carvings from early 1970's to 2006 when Tuna Packers
Ice house shut down no more 300# blocks of ice. Carved for Hotels most, but other places too like country clubs & special parties. This is a dragon that I carved
for Kahala Hilton's 25 year.
IMG_20211228_192435996_HDR.jpg

Back