Salty’s Strop?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh heck,I am always trying something new.Sometimes I finish on a 2000 grit but mostly on a 4 or 5 K . then strop either on the stone or just pull out a leather strop or bulsa with some abrasive on it. Sometimes I even whip out the 8k stone and work with it awhile to finish on it or to simply strop on it. An 8k stone is the very highest that I use sometimes and usually it is just to refine the edge a little and still maintain some bite. I don't spend a lot of time on it.

Nice I hear that thanks for sharing

Haha you’re so stupid
I do hope that this wasn't intended to be as rude as it came across.

Theory is a highly respected member with a mountain of knowledge on knives and sharpening.

You would do well to calm down and learn from him rather than call him names.

This. Your questions, and there have been more than a few, have been replied to cordially with most trying to help answer them - even when you argue with the answers.

Everyone on here was new at some point and the more experienced (and I don't count myself among them) try and give back to the newer folks. But you do make that hard sometimes.

Chill a bit. Pull up a chair and enjoy the largess. And figure out what works for you. There is no one correct answer.

this dude
troll_doll.jpg

If you set the strop up with the surfaces that fit your needs or wants it works well. Who is to say what your wants and needs are? It worked well for me for many reasons.

“Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one but they think each others stink.”

I'm reminded why I don't participate here very much.
:thumbsup:

Back