Salty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldy but goody. Master Mizuno with my 390 honyaki.

image006_006.jpg

Wait- what?! F you salty! That's beyond ridiculous! Why? Whyyyyyyyy?!???

Awesome. Was checking out your other videos too. What ever happened to Muscovy duck part 2?

Could you tell us more about that 390 Mizuno? I'd love to hear if there was a story about it, if it was a complete custom request and for why, how long/how much, etc.

I can't even imagine how someone would make something like that.

Could you tell us more about that 390 Mizuno? I'd love to hear if there was a story about it, if it was a complete custom request and for why, how long/how much, etc.

I can't even imagine how someone would make something like that.

Or how long it might take to sharpen ...

With the recent price hikes across the board, that thing probably retails for more than a new Hyundai!!!

Pretty sure Scott has played ninja in front of a mirror with it, at least once...

Back in the day I was scoping out Mizuno's Japanese website and noticed the custom options on knives. I also noticed that Mizuno made a 390 honyaki. To this day I have not seen another maker who makes one. So I had to have one. It took four months to make.

It currently lists for $9731 US

Salty,

Have you actually used the great Mizuno in your restaurant? or is it more of an art/conversation piece?

If you do use it from time to time, I'd like to put in a video request!

Those are the same as in you video?
Please allow for a current view.

I guessing that deciding which ones to keep was easy, it's deciding which ones to sell that's tough:tease:

Be well,
Mikey

Saw this on your f b page . Very cool Scott. The knives I got from you get used all the time. Thanks

Having so many 240 gyutos it's interesting which ones I gravitate to. One of the reasons I sold several. Eventually I kept grabbing the same ones.

There are a few I miss though.

For general work I grab a Mizuno. Either the suminigashi, which has a smaller profile and geometry or a Honyaki. (The horse) For more detailed stuff it's the Masamoto Honyaki. The Mizunos aren't off the shelf Mizunos so I can't speak for the production knives.

Back