• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Withdrawn

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it’s against forum rules to require payment options other than PayPal Goods and Services. Good luck with selling, otherwise~
I hate paypal for various reasons, their fees and abusive exchange rates, are two of them.

Here is what a moderator said on another thread, paypal is not an obligation.

I understand that it is much more "safe" for both the buyer & the seller, but I think that even if I am a relatively newbie on this forum, I can offer strong guarantees to show that I am reliable (especially with a serious guitarbuilder-business, easily findable)

Attachments

• paypal.jpg
    paypal.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What happens in PMs and the actual transaction, the forums have no interest in. The original ad has stricter requirements. Maybe a mod can clarify.

Attachments

• DA0AE4C3-FC32-492F-A893-C484EEC8021C.jpeg
    DA0AE4C3-FC32-492F-A893-C484EEC8021C.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 0
What happens in PMs and the actual transaction, the forums have no interest in. The original ad has stricter requirements. Maybe a mod can clarify.
I don't understand why you are talking about Private messages. My print screen, comes from a thread on this forum.

Your picture is a warning about Paypal, and the way to use it (avoiding the "gifts" option for payment). I don't see it as a "Use Paypal, or don't sell on this forum", but maybe I am wrong.

Yep, a moderator should clarify that, it would be the best.

There is a lot of discrepancy. There is an official admin post saying we cannot use anything other than paypal G&S, but mods/other admins also say it's fine if we don't. I really wish there was an update to the guidelines as many of us have moved past paypal. Personally, what myself and others do is give the price in paypal goods and services, and then put in our listing that we accept other forms of payment for a slight discount. I think that's a good way to make everyone happy. The buyer is not required to use a service they do not want (it would be nice if the seller could do that too, but I understand there is risk, that is why I believe in timestamps and buying from established members.)

There is a lot of discrepancy. There is an official admin post saying we cannot use anything other than paypal G&S, but mods/other admins also say it's fine if we don't. I really wish there was an update to the guidelines as many of us have moved past paypal. Personally, what myself and others do is give the price in paypal goods and services, and then put in our listing that we accept other forms of payment for a slight discount. I think that's a good way to make everyone happy. The buyer is not required to use a service they do not want (it would be nice if the seller could do that too, but I understand there is risk, that is why I believe in timestamps and buying from established members.)
Yes, I don't want to force anyone to buy my stones if they don't feel comfortable with the no-Paypal condition. I totally understand that.

Thanks, they are! I am a well known & professional luthier (guitarbuilder), with a solid background and website... not the kind of guy who like to screw people

Wise is a system that is working with Bank wire-transfert so... with my personal informations, this is bulletproof

I didn't know something like that exists 😄

The door is not closed, I never refused a latecomer 👌

Cyber Monday is done, let's back to the usual business. Thanks to people who contacted me during this last couple of days.

Both of the stones, are still available

The second stone is a Shoubudani Renge Suita.

Hardness: 4.5/5
Grit: 9/10K

Dimensions:

Length = 193mm
Width = 77mm
Thickness = 80mm
Weight: 2883 grams

Price: $700 USD

Shipping is not included, each stone will be full insured, I only accept payment with Wise transfert, and the stone is in Quebec City, Canada.

Thank you!

Lovely stone, unfortunately it's just a tad too small for my stable...

🤷🏽

Back