Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score :knight: now you'll need another 270mm.

Shigefusa 330mm yanagiba, didn't realise how massive this thing would be!
7MtAHKc.jpg

fdxJz6K.jpg

When I had my carbon monosteel yo gyuto I thought that the engraved logo (masazumi swedish steel) I thought that it would probably (actually I know because I looked through a loupe) promote red rust.. can be kinda hard to wipe down in there especially if its deep. What do you think tjangula??

I haven't had issues personally although I was initially concerned about this. The Carter logo on my 275mm HG Funayuki kinda had it, so I scrubbed with baking soda and an old toothbrush, then forced a patina on that spot. Seems okay but I'd like to do a more thorough cleaning and then permanent solution at some point, I'm just always cognizant of drying there.

Wow the last few pages of this thread have been hard to handle. Santa came real early this year for some of you folks!! Nice kitaeji collection!

Picked up a few recently:
Gesshin Heiji 220mm Cleaver = Its a monster (super secret HHH customization in negotiations)
One of jon's call/instore only butchers knives, japanese name escapes me
Custom Gesshin Hide 270mm Kiritsuke = 55mm tall, really wide bevel, more rounded at the tip
20150905_182516.jpg
20150905_182536.jpg

509 is pretty light for a full tang cleaver from Heiji. Must be a thinner blade, isn't it?

Pretty thin, measurements on jki.com. by a monster I really meant long, tall, and the handle is way too thick for my hand, my midle ring and pinky barely make it on the handle.

Pretty thin, measurements on jki.com. by a monster I really meant long, tall, and the handle is way too thick for my hand, my midle ring and pinky barely make it on the handle.

I have a wa handle version which is already 507, so my blade must be a tiny bit thicker than JKI version.

s8rN5o6ztK-517kRo78fkTAr6TDuW8kLFdkMm5cv3WsQRPPOYT7noIj51vZNApbU21llMvsor6FqeQtnR7dXuEFZ-FqAKShZANA7tV6aFcaNEoa13ZNt2S3NlOenbR_fMFNWrFjgr9X0B6Aa8HO0VxdTv9TnSkVwRXcnHOm6Tb2ZOVEHrC_GvIvFD2SkfweJtZ7yBgCedH1SqphrixioZdeiDIyr880FwnlGwR6PUaQGXOjRgC19B3G1ECJi9cwuxiQsVzJEwbDtLLtSyLyoiOih8v_9kma-dxhVmXfkJ3c68yXhv_NtwpSoQXik_TqgdAh3YT_mqRTIDrFQzdCfKCpR7QDvs0AW2X9hY_XDDYEeZ5Reh52sLga0BTvhisRfj6LZwIGwQnexuXq69HVhHbL7HOAcM8xyfzhdNSDI1ZgQ0xGAUgSgiOn6HAR3B1hkXGJ6fzy5GMbEBBTzV_90HQOKMx2hE7L510mapzTN4SIzCYNDLQMJT6vXEAKUGN1_9sn95zdtZJ8pACpgUUW962U=s1280

If Biggie Smalls was two different knives; Watanabe Pro & Shigefusa Santoku:

brothers.jpg

man, those heiji cleavers are so beautiful. haha. do you happen to know the wa handle circumference?

It is the same size as a large 240mm gyuto handle, not as large as Moritaka chuka that I used to have, though. That one was huge.

Pictures tell a thousand words. Gonbei 150 petty. Beautiful little knife. Not flexible, but thin. I wanted something to break down chicken, but still be useful for other tasks. Nothing fancy, but any knife package from JKI will put a smile on your face. Such a classy operation. Thanks Jon/Sarah

C328BFE4-C532-419B-A4DE-616BFCB2F39D.jpg

A078BF6D-E4CA-45F9-8A67-C6260809F79B.jpg

Back