Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of handles...not to everyone's taste but some may like it:

MBTA06e.jpg

EjUIFQ0.jpg

By Jelle Hazenberg

There's some really crazy skilled work in this handle, the maker is obviously very talented.

Merry Christmas to me.
It's been years since I bought a knife.
First knife I've ever purchased for home use.
From Mario, 4.5 inch petty, Devin Thomas high carbon ladder damascus, mango and blackwood handle.

UBXAQRm.jpg

Merry Christmas to me.
From Mario, 4.5 inch petty, Devin Thomas high carbon ladder damascus, mango and blackwood handle.

UBXAQRm.jpg
Awesome size and knife. Merry Christmas to you!

Some crazy work on that handle. I would just love to hold it. How does it feel to you?
It's nice and pretty comfortable, but I'm not totally in love with it. It doesn't effortlessly melt into my hand, nor does it simply vanish. Nothing to actually complain about; I'm just more of a fan of simple handle shapes.

Congrats Salty! Love Mario's work and this petty is certainly no exception.

I'm hoping that we get to see a video of it in action if you get around to it!

Merry Christmas to me.

UBXAQRm.jpg

I'm retired from video making. Just not as much fun when you're sober.

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1512880005.971842.jpg

Got a couple new Takamura knives… they're on the right… with the rest of the Takamura family
HSPS Pro x3
Uchigumo rehandled by Dave Martell x3
R2 Migaki (red handle)
VG10 Nashiji (black handle, almost more like a tsuchime finish)
Chromax Tsuchime (brown handle, I "think" I remember readng that chromax is stainless clad A2 steel, but feel free to correct me)
The latter two are lesser known (very similar style/construction to the red handle series but with different blades); the red handle series is regarded as an amazing value laser, the HSPS Pro as a slightly more robust and refined version of the former, and the coveted Uchigumo as the holy grail of Takamura knives… I also like the wa handled Hana, but since I had Uchigumo, sort of created a fusion of the two

Sukenari w#1 honyaki 270mm gyuto
Delosso handle , Black m3 titanium ferrule, african blackwood, silver nickel spacer
263mm edge
53+mm on heel

iJbP8ZV.jpg

osNdJxJ.jpg

Been doing a big shuffle of the Watanabe part of the collection for the past 3 months. I'm still waiting on a couple so I'll post them when they arrive. This batch excludes customs which I'll post separately. Some show some use or sharpening as they've been arriving since late September.

From left to right: Gyuto 270 / Gyuto 225 / Kaibou 210 / Nakiri 180 / Small slicer - 180.

167A0146.jpg

From left to right: Ai deba 210 / Hon Deba 165 / Kintaro-Ame petty 150 / Ajikiri 120 (Ryoba) / Ajikiri 105 (Kataba)

167A0149.jpg

trip - i'll take the d-shape stock ones off your hands if you get new ones!

Love to accommodate you there brother but when Dave does my handles he always gets first dibs on spares. Hope you aren’t looking to replace the handle on that 255 ;).

nope i have zero intention of doing anything to the 255, it's a masterpiece! i like to have a spare stock handle in case i get something in the future that has an aftermarket one and i want to revert to an oem

Back