• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD SteelPort Knives 8in Chefs, Saji AS Nakiri 165mm Desert Ironwood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey All,

Selling a couple knives here. All prices include shipping within the ConUS, sorry no international shipping.

SteelPort Knives 8in Chefs Knife 52100 differentially hardened #27/85 first batch = $200.00
This was given to me by well meaning in-laws, really nice present and used it once to prep dinner while we were at their place to visit. Not really my style but it’s a nice knife, cuts well, good handle, profile is solid and well balanced, great knife but not for me. This is # 27/85 from the first batch.

Saji AS Steel Desert Ironwood 165mm Nakiri = $150.00
Really nice Nakiri and Sajis AS is great, have the gyuto version of this and it’s very nice. This was the gf’s knife so the edge might need a touch up, it was rarely used by her as I did most of the cooking/prep so it looks fairly clean and new-ish. Choil shot is this knife.
2672F76D-73EE-4A26-A03F-A383509BA7A8.jpeg3EB74750-6C30-4EE9-B65D-41FBD255B2EC.jpeg947502A0-39A5-4554-971A-7642F475B9ED.jpeg19B2A1D2-200B-4D15-B32D-11DEC7E2E0D6.jpeg

Last edited:
What's the weight, and where is the balance on the steelport? Looks interesting, I checked it out on their site but they seemed to lack some details.

It’s a bit in front of the bolster, like a half finger width in front of the bolster. :)

Happy to answer any questions I can on the Steelport or the Saji

What’s the heel height like on the steel port? I haven’t seen visible differential heat treatment on 52100 before

Heel height is right around 2in/50mm give or take maybe 0.5mm or so

yeah it’s a really unique knife for sure!

Price drops, maybe I was too high on these. Let’s get em sold ;)

Also going to open these up to trade offers. Main stuff im looking for is below
-Hinoura knives (Mutsumi, stuff from Carbon knives, Gesshin Ajitaka etc...)
-Yoshikane
-Watanabe
-TF Mab or Denka

Most looking for gyuto on the smaller size or large pettys, Nakiri or santoku are cool too

Have to go to the post office Monday so MASSIVE PRICE DROP. Would like to sell by Monday so let’s do some stupid pricing.
SteelPort = $200.00
Saji = $150.00

Both sold!! Thanks for all the interest, got a ton of messages real fast and think I got everyone responded to.

Back