Takeda engravings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dardeau

Reaction score
I went to a new local knife store today and they had a couple of Takeda NAS sujis. I started looking at them and noticed that the engraving was much smaller than the Takedas I have used and seen, maybe half of the size. Of course I forgot to take a picture, anyone else seen this?

The NAS petty I had but returned (it was about 10mm less than indicated which is odd for Takeda, and it looked as if the spine may have been dropped into the tip because it was polished with no KU finish, and some dents which didn't belong but probably weren't past the centre of the core) still had the larger engravings. To the credit of the seller they were okay with my reasoning:

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1441243454.930063.jpg

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1441243473.604834.jpg

Not sure why it wouldn't fit on a Suji unless they're trying something different?

I've seen really small on the mini petty (parer) and kogatana, but there are obvious reasons for that

It was super small, smaller than the bevel.

That sounds right, except it was on 210 and 240 sujis.

It was smaller than any picture of a suji I have seen. I liked how it looked and was wondering if anyone else has seen one like this.

Back