Takefu steel for 2016.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Burke

Reaction score
We have been successful in getting just over 2000 pounds of Takefu, cutlery steel imported from Japan.

This is available is standard bars 1, 1/4, 1, 1/2, 2 and 2, 1/2 inches wide in 12, 14 and 16 inch lengths as well as custom cut sizes and sheets.
We have 3mm, 4mm, and 6mm thicknesses in V-toku II san mai with stainless DPS cladding,

VG10 core with 15 layer DPS, Suminagashi cladding.

Powder metallurgy, SG2 core with 15 layer suminagashi cladding as well as some solid pieces of VG10, SG2, Cos and V-Toku 2, barstock.

contact me for pricing and quantity discounts.

Bill, I can't send or receive PM's here...but I wanted to ask if you had another form of contact so I could get with you on this? Please let me know.

Also, out of curiosity, what is the core thickness on the v-toku/stainless san mai?

Bill, I can't send or receive PM's here...but I wanted to ask if you had another form of contact so I could get with you on this? Please let me know.

Also, out of curiosity, what is the core thickness on the v-toku/stainless san mai?

[email protected] will do for email

Core is roughly one third the thickness

Thanks for the quick response Bill! I'm looking at probably picking up a full sheet (9x68) in the .20" thickness...but it won't be till the end of the month.

Hopefully you're not sold out by then :). I'll shoot you an email to get a quote for a single piece like that.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick response Bill! I'm looking at probably picking up a full sheet (9x68) in the .20" thickness...but it won't be till the end of the month.

Hopefully you're not sold out by then :). I'll shoot you an email to get a quote for a single piece like that.

Thanks again!

thank you Cris

Back