• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Thinning the Herd

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejd53

Reaction score
I have several other knives that I can part with:

The first is an HHH Nakiri 180mm predator damascus blade with musk ox horn handles; price $1000.00

The second is an HHH 240mm Gyuto in Elmax with spalted hackberry and maple handles; price $700.00

The third would be an HHH 240mm gyuto with feather damascus blade and integral bolster (the first integral bolster that Randy did) with musk ox horn handle; price $1300.00.

The fourth is a Marko Tsourkan 180mm gyuto in 52100 with buffalo horn bolster and ironwood handle: price $350.00

and don't forget the other two I have listed:

A Bill Burke 253mm Gyuto in 52100: price $1500.00

Pierre Rodrigue 150mm Damasteel Petty with ironwood handle and copper bolsters: price $425.00.

All are in great shape with light use (the reason why I am selling them) and minimal, if any sharpenings. You can see pictures of them in my gear gallery. Thread is "Ed's knives and things".

Great knives all around glws! You still have that Mario and any interest in rehoming it...? :)

Here is a quick update on the knives I have available:

The first is an HHH Nakiri 180mm predator damascus blade with musk ox horn handles; price reduced to $950.00

The second is an HHH 240mm Gyuto in Elmax with spalted hackberry and maple handles; has some superficial scratches that will easily rub out (wife, arrgh); price reduced to $600.00

The third is an HHH 240mm gyuto with feather damascus blade and integral bolster (the first integral bolster that Randy did) with musk ox horn handle; price reduced to $1200.00.

Also, a Bill Burke 253mm Gyuto in 52100: price reduced to $1400.00

Pierre Rodrigue 150mm Damasteel Petty with ironwood handle and copper bolsters: price reduced to $400.00.

It's an HHH neck knife with a little bling for the handle. I carry either that or my HHH folder.

A second update:

The first is an HHH Nakiri 180mm predator damascus blade with musk ox horn handles; price reduced to $950.00

The second is an HHH 240mm Gyuto in Elmax with spalted hackberry and maple handles; has some superficial scratches that will easily rub out (wife, arrgh); price reduced to $600.00

The third is an HHH 240mm gyuto with feather damascus blade and integral bolster (the first integral bolster that Randy did) with musk ox horn handle; price reduced to $1200.00.

Pierre Rodrigue 150mm Damasteel Petty with ironwood handle and copper bolsters: price reduced to $400.00.

HHH integral Gyuto is sold. Thank you KKF.

The first is an HHH Nakiri 180mm predator damascus blade with musk ox horn handles; price reduced to $900.00

The second is an HHH 240mm Gyuto in Elmax with spalted hackberry and maple handles; has some superficial scratches that will easily rub out (wife, arrgh); price reduced to $550.00

The third is a Pierre Rodrigue 150mm Damasteel Petty with ironwood handle and copper bolsters: price reduced to $375.00.

I've only ever seen it in pocket knives, I'm curious too...

Randy made it about 2 years ago. It is a great cutter and holds an edge very well. When I first used it, I told Randy that I thought it would be a great knife for someone who wasn't into sharpening. I am going to rub out the scratches an shine it up. Handle is beautiful wood.

Forgive me for not knowing this already, but what can you tell me about Elmax?

Here is a spec sheet and comparison to other similar style stainless steels.

I have found Elmax to make a amazing knife. Both a kitchen knife and or a hard use every day carry, such as a pocket knife. The grain size paired with the hardness and toughness allows for a very thin edge that will remain stable much longer then many other steels with similar specs.

This blade is also cryo treated in Liquid nitrogen as part of the heat treat making it tougher or more wear resistant then had it not been.

Ed, Good luck with the sale. Hope I helped to answer the question. If this is deemed someway unacceptable by the Mod team. I apologize and please let me know.

EDIT http://www.alphaknifesupply.com/zdata-bladesteelS-Elmax.htm

Blessings
Randy

Last edited:
Back