• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Two Octogonal Wa Handles (Ho/Buffalo, Birdseye Maple)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling three Wa handles that I no longer need. Two are bring new, one is a new take off. All three are octogonal.

1. SOLD Ringed gidee, brass, corian (or similar) - internal dowel, never installed. 146.76mm long, 19mmx24mm at the top, 21.5mm x 27.5mm at the bottom; lots of nice figuring. Will work best for a 240mm+; asking $75 delivered OBO

2. Birdseye maple, blackwood - internal dowel, never installed. 142.96mm long, 19mmx25mm at top, 21mmx 28mm at bottom, nice birds eye figuring, never installed; asking $50 delivered OBO

3. Ho wood/buffalo horn, , take off from a Kato. 135.24mm long, 19.4mmx22.5mm at top, 21.6mmx27mm at bottom. Great shape, no issues, direct take off. Asking $25 delivered OBO

If someone wants these Int'l just ask me and I'll get prices. Also, if someone wants all three, we can cut a deal.

Photos below.

Jamie

IMG_1507.jpg
IMG_1509.jpg
IMG_1508.jpg

Last edited:
I might be interested in the birdseye. What would the process for installation be?

Sending you a PM on this, Jeffrey.
Actually, can't. So the process varies depending on how you want to install. Some prefer beeswax, some epoxy, some Sugru. Depends in part on whether you want it to be removable without destroying the handle in the future. I've done handles with all three. I like epoxy if I think I'll leave the handle on a long time. Quick set. I would suggest that others on this forum have pretty good knowledge (better than I) on the best way to install, but overall I'd call it pretty easy!

Back