• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Watanabe Pro Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bm11

Reaction score
I’ve been reading, and decided this is probably the Nakiri for me. I’m interested in new or used. Let me know what you have and what you need for it!

Thanks,

-Bob

You can consider emailing Shinichi -- he may have in stock right now.

sin.gif

I hope you can find one that meets your need.

In the few years I've been on here I've only seen 2 or 3 Wat nakiri's for sale. And those were at close to and above direct price from Shinichi.
Even if he does not have one in stock it's usually only 6 weeks to make one - and you can request an upgraded handle.

Honestly, he says 5 a month on the website, but I don't think those are ever out of stock. He doesn't reply to emails on weekends, so he'll get back to you Sunday night (Monday morning his time)

Honestly, he says 5 a month on the website, but I don't think those are ever out of stock. He doesn't reply to emails on weekends, so he'll get back to you Sunday night (Monday morning his time)

That is actually not true, he has been out of stock for some time now. They are listed as "in stock" now, (limit 3 per month) but it may still take some time to receive from the feedback I am hearing. Let's stick to facts.

http://www.kitchen-knife.jp/pro/nakkiri.htm

Last edited:
I recently ordered two sujis from him, one custom length (285mm), kintaro ame, one custom handle. He said turnaround would be about 2 months. Almost to the day I got the shipping notice and then the knives. Don't know what "some time" is but that's pretty damn quick.

I recently ordered two sujis from him, one custom length (285mm), kintaro ame, one custom handle. He said turnaround would be about 2 months. Almost to the day I got the shipping notice and then the knives. Don't know what "some time" is but that's pretty damn quick.

Good point Dave, not trying to denigrate Sinichi. I have tremendous respect for him. Simply suggesting that it may take (more) time then people are willing to wait to get product from him.

Latest posts

Back