Recipe Requested What can I make with a massive amount of celery?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tristor

Reaction score
I'm working on improving my knife skills and signed up for some video training, to practice it was recommended to use celery because it's cheap. Turns out, that's correct, it was about $1 per bunch, so I have 8 bunches to work through. After I'm done I'll have a whole lot of sliced and chopped celery, and I'd like to not waste it. I was thinking I could make a cream of celery soup from scratch, or something similar that would go through quite a bit. Suggestions?

Just Google celery recipes. Lots of suggestions. Waldorf salad, braised and so on

I'm usually not a fan of mayo, so I hadn't thought of Waldorf salad, but it's a classic and it's been a long time since I've made it. My mom used to make it all the time, so that I can do from memory without a recipe.

Celery tofu salad:
  1. Blanch celery that's thinly sliced on bias.
  2. Mix with julienned dry tofu (tofu gan)
  3. Dress with sesame oil and salt
You can add touch of good soy, chili oil, peanuts, cilantro, leftover chicken or anything else you think will go well...

braised celery (toast tomato paste, white wine)
mussels (celery, thyme, beer)
Kung Pao chicken
Stock
quick pickle
pea soup with celery and turnips (not good for July, but good)

-Slow juice the celery with some grapefruit and add gin. Great drink.
-pickle and preserve for salads
-freeze some for stocks or soups.
-add some raw into a potato mash with bacon.
-slow braised add peanut butter and coconut cream ,cilantro ,salt ,small chillypepper and blitz in a blender to make a nice vegan soup

Back