What is the last thing you bought?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my hands on a Tamahagane Iwasaki Western razor at a super cheap price by the standards, it was also unused.

I'm trying to work my way into Seth's will (specifically the section that deals with his expansive knife collection).

Yeah, I don't talk so good on my ipad. JGB is already in my will; I owe him. But Johnny, you will have to fight the children and I would be scared of my daughter if I were you.

Like the rest of you, I have lost my marbles: I ordered a 240 shig deba for an unknown reason but if I am lucky it will take two years to get to me.

a richmund laser 270mm gyuto with custom handle from C K T G

Like the rest of you, I have lost my marbles: I ordered a 240 shig deba for an unknown reason but if I am lucky it will take two years to get to me.

LOL Seth. I'm in the 'ordered a Shig but who knows when it will come' camp. Thats the tough thing about long lead and custom knives....I somehow forget about them when I buy things that are in stock. Just bought a Fujiwara 150 gyuto to try as a petty.

Tools, what else? Need to buy some steel too, but holding off till new credit card payment cycle.

Robert Sorby 1/4" paring chisel(10" + handle)
Robert Sorby 1/2" paring chisel(10" + handle)

Sold as a set on ebay, haven't had that much time to use them yet... :(

New Recurve Bow: OMP Adverturer 2.0, 62", 28# pull (practice bow) on the bottom, Vista (Samick) Sage 62", 50# bow on the top (hunting bow maybe?). I got the Sage first, and then wanted a lighter bow for more practice and so I could shoot with my nephews on the same target (their target is rated to 30# bow). Turns out the OMP Adventurer 2.0 is nearly identical to the Sage in terms of patterning and stuff. Cosmetic/wood color differences, but it's almost a dead copy! Shoots nicely, too!

Risers.jpg

Also got this delivered yesterday:
LSA1.jpg

Lone Star Artisans 16x17 cutting board, Black Walnut in the middle, Hard Maple outer with a juice groove. Nice board, it's a little thinner, but it's one that will be put away often, so I went with a lighter one with the larger cutting surface so it's easier to move.

Got the house painted. It was a horrible baby-poop green when we bought it, but it had been freshly painted and we didn't want the expense of painting it again just to change the color.

We've had neighbors who've never spoken to us before stop and tell us how happy they are that we painted the house. Had we known everyone hated it so much, we could have taken up a collection to get it done!

Penn Squall Lever Drag Reel and OffShore Angler Rod, tackle box and accessories.

Pricewise, fishing equipment is right there with knives. But, I fishing equipment to catch fish, knives to cut the fish I (hopefully) catch and so it goes . . .

Eh, go custom for the rod! Then you will be up near the knives, especially with Offshore tackle :) Sorry, couldn't resist; I built custom rods :) A big Offshore trolling reel (Penn, Shimano, Okuma Makaira) go for $500-$600, plus $150 worth of braided line, plus a $300-$500 rod. Then multiply that by how many rods in the Offshore spread!!! One of my buddies had me build 12 rods, plus 2 gaffs to match the rods, over a 18 month period :) Some guys here in NE run a 11-13 rod spread, which can get pricey quick, plus the cost of gas.

Kitchen knives are close, but no where near as bad as the Offshore stuff unless you go for one of the crazy Yanagiba's or Nenhoi!

Eh, go custom for the rod! Then you will be up near the knives, especially with Offshore tackle :) Sorry, couldn't resist; I built custom rods :) A big Offshore trolling reel (Penn, Shimano, Okuma Makaira) go for $500-$600, plus $150 worth of braided line, plus a $300-$500 rod. Then multiply that by how many rods in the Offshore spread!!! One of my buddies had me build 12 rods, plus 2 gaffs to match the rods, over a 18 month period :) Some guys here in NE run a 11-13 rod spread, which can get pricey quick, plus the cost of gas.

Kitchen knives are close, but no where near as bad as the Offshore stuff unless you go for one of the crazy Yanagiba's or Nenhoi!

PM sent. :bigeek:

Duck leg to go with my salad for a snack this afternoon.

Eight stitches in my right index and middle fingers. Doh! Dang things are expensive.

Flea pineapple tenor ukelele being made right now.

Very cool....we're definitely going to need pictures when it comes Richard!
I am really looking forward to it. It will be fun to get back into it. I previously had a soprano tiki flea and Kamaka pineapple.
Hopefully,my wife can help me post a picture of it when it comes in with her Nikon.

Awesome!
Pineapples always have a great full sound, and paired with a tenor size, and you're gonna have one hell of an instrument.
I play my tenor every day I'm not working, and even sometimes, when I am.

As for my last purchase...you'll all have to wait to find out :D

Eight stitches in my right index and middle fingers. Doh! Dang things are expensive.

It's times like these that the slightly elevated shipping charges to Canada don't seem like such a headache.

Heal quickly, Matt!

Wow! I never had, but in the first video, from 2:10-2:35, I think I blacked out. It was so simply, amazing that my brain couldn't figure out how it sounded that incredible.
I've gotta try that!

Ok. I just watched video 2. Holy crap!

Back