What you making for New Years

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Sinclair

Reaction score
I'm going for Southern good luck with Stewed Tomatoes & Black Eyed Peas. Garlic, ginger, pork, stewed tomatoes, blk. eye peas, eggplant, mushrooms, Cauliflower, S&P, fresh lemon juice. A dash of Marie Sharps hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Putting more vegetables this time around.

Keeping it simple this year. Starter is bloody mary oysters. For the main I'm serving ribeye steaks with bearnaise sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes, and fingerling potatoes. Dessert is ice cream.

As for drinks, I have an open bar of red wine, Belgian beer, whisky, rum, vodka, and gin. I also managed to snag some Krug at a nice price for when the clock strikes midnight.

Sous vide Porchetta, roasted root vegetables, and probably a few old fashions with some Col. E. H Taylor whiskey.

the wife bought the ingredients for a chocolate drunken cheery cake yesterday. Annual tradition for her. I think she also bought a duck, so we'll figure out what we want to do with it.

Bad decisions

Not a bad decision but rather a tradition. I don't like blackeyed peas but I cook 'em on New Years Day...because that's what you cook on New Years Day....

Not a bad decision but rather a tradition. I don't like blackeyed peas but I cook 'em on New Years Day...because that's what you cook on New Years Day....
screw that. Traditions started somewhere. Start a new one. Cook what you like, and convince others to do the same :cool:

My wife and I are exhausted from hosting family over the holidays and they're gone now. Just the two of us for New Year's Eve so it will be a quiet one.

I think I'll do Sichuan pork dumplings in chili oil sauce, and a cucumber salad. Easy meal. Then for New Year's Day brunch, we made some challah bread with the grand-kids when they were here last week, so that'll be leftover challah French Toast and fresh-squeezed tangerine/Champagne Mimosas. Challah makes the *best* French Toast.

My new years Eve breakfast lunch and dinner will consist of airline bottles of various spirits. Then after midnight a bottle of champagne out of the back of my trunk in solo cups.

King crab legs. Toast/baguette. Poached eggs. No theme. Just some of mine and the kids favorites.

If you simmer the blk. eye peas with the pork & vine ripe tomatoes, ginger, garlic & seasoning taste pretty good. No canned tomatoes. Add vegetables later so not over cooked.
add a shot of Cabernet.

Admit don't eat them often, however Blk. eyed peas are like soy beans in nutrition very healthy. Last year made it for Janice's family new years dinner. Buffet chafing dish style. Had a small pan of peas around 15 people they ate it all. I also man the Tempura station vegetables & shrimp.

Back