Whats wrong with all of you? (Thread will close 7-1)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been banned anywhere. Everywhere I go I'm universally adored. :)

I've never been banned anywhere. Everywhere I go I'm universally adored. :)

I know certain knife maker that doesn't adore you. At least he didn't 5 years ago.

Holy cow, has it been that long? You were just a know-it-all teenager back then. Now, you are a know-it-all soon-to-be metal doctor.

I would urge all parties to get off their chest anything like this now so we can get back to playing with knives.Jim

I still vividly remember the negative, derogatory comments make about my friend Dave Martell a few months ago by someone who is now being welcomed here with open arms. It chaps my arse that all is forgotten so blindly!!
However this is Dave’s Forum, and he has obviously moved on and allowed the person to post here, so I will respect his leadership and will be cordial to all; but a wolf in sheep’s clothing is still a ----.
:goodevil:

Did anyone fire someone today? Did someone lose their job today? How is everyone's health? How's the family? Did you get laid recently?

Granted I thought it was a big deal at the time but really.................

[video=youtube;1sONfxPCTU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0[/video]

:happy2:
This is supposed to be a place where we can all have a fresh start and all be friends. :thumbsup2:

I still vividly remember the negative, derogatory comments make about my friend Dave Martell a few months ago by someone who is now being welcomed here with open arms. It chaps my arse that all is forgotten so blindly!!
However this is Dave’s Forum, and he has obviously moved on and allowed the person to post here, so I will respect his leadership and will be cordial to all; but a wolf in sheep’s clothing is still a ----.
:goodevil:

You see, it's comments like this that make it difficult for me.

I'm going to assume it's directed at me.

And let's just say there are two sides to that story. There just might be two wolves in sheeps clothing, you think? Maybe it takes a lot for both sides to forgive, and move on. You think? Maybe it's comments like these from people that makes it harder rather than easier for two old friends to work their way through a tough situation that went publicly nuclear. You think?

I appreciate and understand loyalty to a friend. But before you cast stones at someone in a situation like this, it might be prudent to know all the facts before you toss. That might be a better avenue than adding gas to a fire that just starting to calm.

If I wronged anyone in this situation, I'd be happy to discuss such a thing with them individually. Please, though, don't be so presumptuous to think you know everything that went on well enough to call one a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Just my two cents.

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I just checked out your site and you do some wicked handles. Nice work!

Did anyone fire someone today? Did someone lose their job today? How is everyone's health? How's the family? Did you get laid recently?

Granted I thought it was a big deal at the time but really.................
I fired 2 people today and three last weekend, made a grown man cry.
I'm not feeling to good but it could be the 9-4 shifts I'm working, them a Be-ach.
Have not talked to famley in years
Have not seen my girl in months, and we live together

I'm PO'ed that you did not get banned and I did, but not too PO'ed
I will be very po-Ed if mike sweetheart shows up here next.
I PO'ed that Adam did not side with us back then and tell KF to F off,... And then comes over here like nothing happened.

I personally think Daves "forgive and forget" is more of a " keep the piece, I may be wrong but I think he was surprised when Adam showed up??
I know both sides of the story and I'm still siding with Dave.

I feel better that that every one that still has a problem with Adam got a chance to vent.
I'm sorry that Adam has a "what ever adatude" to the whole thing.

I call BS on KF not locking posts and being a "vender run" board bent around Mike stewards ego and small P...well you know what I was about to say
And for the record Ken does need a helmet , that's just a fact...a harness too maybe:scratchhead:

to moderators:
well im glad the thread remained open as i wouldnt have known some things while many things are still the same.
to most:
certainly it wont live forever but like calling this war is beyond harsh.. people die in wars and my friends have died in wars this is different is all that needs to be said. referring to things as a nuclear war is beyond silly... i realize that is a term used later in this discussion but it doesnt have a place for me.
mostly to the one who began this topic:
only other offering i have is that i wish the new restaurant much success. i think no matter the bs your cooking and time spent in your kitchen will prove your more then worthy of the success i expect you to find. whether it makes you crass or cleaver as a cook honesty tends to be the biggest asset.

I fired 2 people today and three last weekend, made a grown man cry.
I'm not feeling to good but it could be the 9-4 shifts I'm working, them a Be-ach.
Have not talked to famley in years
Have not seen my girl in months, and we live together

I'm PO'ed that you did not get banned and I did, but not too PO'ed
I will be very po-Ed if mike sweetheart shows up here next.
I PO'ed that Adam did not side with us back then and tell KF to F off,... And then comes over here like nothing happened.

I personally think Daves "forgive and forget" is more of a " keep the piece, I may be wrong but I think he was surprised when Adam showed up??
I know both sides of the story and I'm still siding with Dave.

I feel better that that every one that still has a problem with Adam got a chance to vent.

I call BS on KF not locking posts and being a "vender run" board bent around Mike stewards ego and small P...well you know what I was about to say
And for the record Ken does need a helmet , that's just a fact...a harness too maybe:scratchhead:

I baled out before it got too ugly. Exchanged a couple PTs and called it a day. I could see where it was going and knew forum life was going to change.

I have issues with both forums actually. It's a fact of life that forums will be used as marketing tools and there isn't much that can be done about it. I've accepted that and mostly lurk in all the forums and vowed to cut my participation here. (I'm finding it difficult)

Bottom line is if you want to go where the most experienced and knowledgable people are this is the place.

Colin, I hope you guys aren't open seven days a week. A man has to recover. (yeah, i know, "I'll recover when I'm dead")

Dr. Salty says, take a day, talk to family, have a good meal with the wife and lay down some lumber. Take at least once a week, more if possible.

I baled out before it got too ugly. Exchanged a couple PTs and called it a day. I could see where it was going and knew forum life was going to change.

I have issues with both forums actually. It's a fact of life that forums will be used as marketing tools and there isn't much that can be done about it. I've accepted that and mostly lurk in all the forums and vowed to cut my participation here. (I'm finding it difficult)

Bottom line is if you want to go where the most experienced and knowledgable people are this is the place.

Colin, I hope you guys aren't open seven days a week. A man has to recover. (yeah, i know, "I'll recover when I'm dead")

Dr. Salty says, take a day, talk to family, have a good meal with the wife and lay down some lumber. Take at least once a week, more if possible.

I agree. Its just a fact of life. Money makes the world go around. Plus, people like the marketing. Think of all the magazines that get bought. Most are just ad books with a couple fluff pieces about advertised products. As I said before, it really doesn't matter what knife we buy. They are cool in their own way and perform great if properly sharpened. I'm here because its fun to talk about them and they are pretty to look at. I also love the sensation I get when one glides through a piece of food without any force.

The main reason I'm here is because of the friends I have made. I've never been closer to a group of guys that I have never met face to face. I've been to some cool place in the last few years, but having dinner at your place with the crew and making a knife with Hoss were the highlights of the last year. Someday, I hope to have dinner at Colin's new place, if he will have me, and go to Jon's new store and hopefully meet all the food/knife nuts in those areas.

And then comes over here like nothing happened.

That's not true...I came here humbly...tried to send you a PT (inbox full), and Dave replied to my "Hello" thread before I found the right words to say something to him in a PT.

Don't try to think you know what my attitude is to the whole thing. My "what ever attitude" was directed at your attitude....not the whole thing. Nor would a "what ever attitude" involve my continued checking of this thread to see what people are saying.

Your views of me seem to be distorted by your love for Dave. I respect that, but the views aren't entirely correct Colin. I admit I made mistakes. But I didn't go calling you names, now did I?

I know I'm was coming in here late, but I put my nose in over at ITK whe Maddog Rookie tried to blackmail Dave. I don't know all the details but I can piece together by reading between the lines. There was blame on both sides and Adam tried to do the right thing. Personally I think he failed. But the worse part was a few vendors who went out of their way to market by 'scientifically' downgrade a competitor. After all Dave has done for all of us, to be treated that disrespectfully is disgraceful.

If Adam is forgiven by Dave, I will cut him slack. Mike Stewart and his crap knives can go to h*ll as far I am concerned. His actions were unforgiveable.

Colin, I understand why you feel the way you do, and in some ways you're right. But I think Adam sees where he made some errors, and has repented.

My .02c, YMMV

As far as I'm concerned (hopefully the majority here, too), KF should be water under the bridge. IMHO, all of the important people(Adam included) made their way over here and this forum is stronger than KF ever was. If you take a look over there now, it is mostly names we've never heard of and topics that are awfully boring. This place is a good breath of fresh air and is a whole lot more than just talking about what kind of fancy knives we all like.

Colin, I know opening up a new joint is tough but dude, you need a day off!!

This whole thread is absolutely fascinating. I don't even know what it's about but I can't stop reading it!!! <reaches for more popcorn>

-AJ

You should have seen it live and in color! Like the World Heavyweight Championship prize fight

You should have seen it live and in color! Like the World Heavyweight Championship prize fight

I do not want to relive it. I felt like I was going to lose half of my friends. All I wanted was place that actually ran and wasn't full of banner ads, and I got stuck right in the middle of a nuclear war. It all worked out but that week was freaking stressful.

I've never been a moderator, but I've been a first sergeant in a squadron of 110 people with different personalities and expectations. It's a thankless job and no one decision is going to make everyone happy. At least is was my job and I got paid for it. Adam, and all the other moderators get zip. I don't know what was said or done, but at least take that into consideration when judging Adam. Thankless job it is.

I've met Adam, he's dined in my restaurant. I know he is a good dude. Period.

As to my reference that Salty was banned, my mistake.

Adam: On to more important things - when are you going to be selling those parers on your website??? :evilgrin:

Wow, talk about late to the party. Six pages.

I'm personally glad to welcome another 'familiar name' over here. Although, coming from me, I am mostly a small time poster without that much value to add to discussions anyway.

I saw some really nasty crap go down on the other side, with much mud slinging going on. Madrookie was a complete turd, and I'm glad his kind will not be tolerated here. For Adam, the only real public outburst I read from him before I gave up and walked away from KF for good was directed at Dave M. (without allowing insinuations and reading further between the lines etc).

If Dave is ok with him being here, how on earth can I not be. Hope this will be the last thread on all the unpleasantness and we all walk away. My two cents is that the only thing that feels out of place is that Adam still seems to feel a burden of protectiveness for KF. I think we should all stop bringing any further rubbish from other forums over here. This community has been great since inception, and I enjoy reading this stuff so I hope the bad juju stays away.

At Colin: that post about the restaurant being flamed online falsely is ridiculously bad. I hope that the owners take some action against the idiots that did it if it can be traced to them for real. I'm sorry it became that ugly, and that you had to see it. And also experience so much of it first hand. And please do take a break - Salty's prescription sounds like just what the doctor ordered. Hope you find a week to self medicate soon.

My 2 cents.

I'm glad watercrawl is on here, from reading some of his posts on KF. He is very knowledgable, informative, and professional (just from my experience reading a few of his posts) and having knife wisdom like that is always a good thing to have on a forum. :D

I don't know the whole story but I will say I took a lot of turns thinking it was one person or another's fault and losing sleep over it, too. In the end, I chalk it up to a sad situation essentially run by a couple of unsophisticated supermoderators with god-complexes led by Mike Stewart. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would select such an dolt to moderate anything.

Sleeping dogs, words, words, different things and stuff. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back