Who’s wokking on their BGE?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MontezumaBoy - Food is a great motivator of invention across cultures! Ha :)

Dave - I've got the Big Joe which has a 24" grate. I run an 18" Disko which works out real well. The Big Joe allows for either positioning the spider at grate level or dropping the spider down about 4 inches below grate level. Most of the time I have the Disko at grate level and it heats up pretty hot. In the middle of stinkin' winter here I've had to drop it down to the lower level as I tend the grill wrapped in a Carhart, mittens and a mad bomber hat!

I would think that the 18" disk would work just fine for you because the bowl shape would swirl the heat and smoke to the edge of the Disko and up. The one thing I asked Southwest Disk to do (and the owner was very accommodating) was to bend the handles straight up. Keeps your hands out of the heat and on my Joe, I can close the lid if I want to store it inside.

I hope I didn't ramble too much. These Disko's get me excited and the food on them is just the best........

Ahhh. I remember you! Your the guy that blew in my ear...and now I also own the 18” disco from ABQ. I love the thing. I still haven’t put it to use at deer camp (over a fire propped on three rocks) but it is my go to pan fried fish vessel.

Using my wok burner is not ideal but moving the food around works.

My disco fits completely in my Weber propane grill. I can pan fry a lot of food paella was a fail. :)

Back