Wicked Edge: nano cloth vs. kangaroo strops

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark76

Reaction score
Hi all, I was wondering which of these strops you guys prefer for fine stropping compounds (let's say 0.5 mu and smaller) if you use the Wicked Edge And why. But I think the question is just as relevant if you don't use the Wicked Edge.

Both nanocloth and kangaroo leather are very fine strops with very little abrasion themselves (the nanocloth even none at all), so I'm hesitating between the two.

I have the kangaroo. I find them perfect. The only thing is to be sure to make ~0.5-1° accuter angle to compensate the deformation and to be careful with going away from the blade.
Each one has its own opinion, but I find that below 0.5 µm, it makes no sense. Up to you. Nevertheless, I may have a pack of brand new stops to sell, and may some paste, if you are interested.

Kangaroo everytime. One must think about Ausie camel population! This pesky jump monsters are eating all the camel's grass!!!

P.S. nano cloth is for PITA whimps! Nough said!

I typically just strop on the stones but I do use bare kangaroo from time to time. I have some nano cloth but I don't care for loaded strops these days.

Kangaroo everytime. One must think about Ausie camel population! This pesky jump monsters are eating all the camel's grass!!!

P.S. nano cloth is for PITA whimps! Nough said!

What he said... Damn those pesky Kangaroos

What he said... Damn those pesky Kangaroos

A great example of Aussie sarcasm, just so some of our thicker headed neighbours get it.

We wouldn't want peta to ride your arse now would we. :)

Back