Wired best chef knives!!zomg

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the reaction? I went through the list and it seems fine. Are they advocating bad sharpening techniques or anything?

I'm not sure either. They confused French and German blade profiles (which is obviously a hanging offence), but other than that it seemed alright. They might not be the knives forum members would necessarily choose, but as mass-market production knives, they seem to be a fairly reasonable selection.

It was written in 2012. For production knives wi th lots of support, they're okay. Prices have changed and there are a lot of options now. This was a surprisingly good article. Better than americas teat kitchen last year.

By that list people would be buying the Suisin high Carbon which is pretty good

I've seen a lot worse write ups. Nice call on the Suisin Carbon - where is the Western Inox?

If the world went custom they'd only go up in price.. Be happy that production knives are enough for most people!

the right list should be...

1. suisin western inox / tojiro dp / misono
2. mac / shun / miyabi whatever
3. wusthof / sabatier (new school) whatever
4. victorinox fibrox / rosewood

really, the top 2 knives are all about the same, just that the suisin and tojiro are maybe more reasonably priced when there's no sales. i would personally recommend most people buy vics. this is as far as you're talking about reasonably easy to find production knives that aren't ridiculously expensive. i could probably name a few more but these are the ones that pop in my head. otherwise, i'd say that the article is ok minus the ginzu.

I've got a Tojiro DP, Richmond Artifex and Takamura Hana, all 210mm gyuotos.

For something like splitting a lobster head, would you guys recommend the Fibrox then as a beater?
I've been using my CCK cleaver, but I feel it's a bit high and I don't have the stability I want.

p.s.

A fibrox for a beater boning knife as well I presume?

Back