• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD /WTT Raquin & Jiro #240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Reaction score
Hi KKF,

I have few knives for sale because I have too many and I'm trying to keep a control on the numbers.

They're all amazing and I don't want to let them go but I would like to try to do so while I have convinced myself I can let them go.

In terms of trades, I'd swap this for something between 210mm-240mm from The Nine or something along the same lines that is stainless from Dan Bidinger.
Open to other options, don't hesitate to reach out to me.
- If we go the trade route, we can renegotiate trade values accordingly.

Will let these sit for 24hrs to 48 hrs to evaluate my trade options. If you reach out to me to buy the knives, I will reach back accordingly

Raquin 145sc - 201mm (SOLD)
Letting this go for $650USD $600USD

Steel: 145sc, xc10 Cladding
Finish: Kasumi/Stone Finished Bevels
Heel Height: 48mm
Edge Length: 201mm
Thickness of Spine at Heel: 4.1mm
Weight: 176g
Handle: Burnt French Oak
Geometry: Workhorse/Classic Grind (I think RH Bias)

Tested on a few Produce. Never Sharpened.

Comes with Artisan Revere 210mm Black Leather Saya
Really nice knife but I don't give it the attention it deserves
Keeping the saya is just an incentive for me to buy another knife to fill its place, that's why I'd like to let it go with the knife

Jiro #240 - 227mm (SOLD)
Letting this go for $980USD

Steel: Shirogami 1/Soft Iron Clad
Finish: Kasumi/Stone Finished Bevels
Heel Height: 56mm
Edge Length: 227mm
Thickness of Spine at Heel: 4.4mm
Weight: 301g
Handle: Tagayasan Yo
Geometry: Workhorse

https://hitohira-japan.com/products/cma-000-240?_pos=1&_sid=3031503e5&_ss=r&variant=40082847662233
Comes with Original Box and Jiro's calligraphy note.
Used 3-4 times. Unsharpened, current condition is reflected in videos uploaded.
Really small micro-chip on the heel - see last photo in imgur album.

Prices are reflective of what I paid to door.

As always, we can talk combo and trade deals in the DMs

Thanks all

Last edited:
If I didn’t have #241 I would be all over this Jiro!🤩 saving a GLWS for someone that needs it!😂

I would like to add an amendment that for now, I’ll prefer to keep sales in the US and Canada 😅

Alright, gonna assume I got a wide range of audience already.

Will start reaching out in terms of the selling route if no other trade deals pop up in the next 2-3hrs

I owned almost this exact same Jiro… I sold it… and I’m still tempted by it! Jiro’s knives are just so so special. The one I owned had almost identical specs. If anyone is contemplating this knife, GO FOR IT! You won’t be let down. My 255 Yo Jiro will probably be buried with me 😂

Back