• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS /WTT: Uchigumori Renge

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkayMode

I am the pig Daveb's mama was talking about
Reaction score
Mizukihara Uchigumori with Renge - £430
  • 190 x 68 x 43mm
  • 1494g
  • A really nice clean and consistent chunk of stone with some lovely renge patterning originally sold on here by Milan.
  • A little harder, finer and arguably more versatile than my other Uchi, albeit slightly slower.
  • The stone will gradually build up a creamy slurry as you work it, which I find very easy to manage - it’s firmly on the ‘luxurious and smooth’ end of the scale versus ‘goopy and sticky’, and doesn’t require careful application of water to maintain the right consistency.
  • Dressed with nagura and using water, the stone cuts slower and gives finer results with a scratchless finish on soft iron and core steel - this would be a great finishing point for a nicely contrasted semi-matte kasumi.
  • Dressed with an Atoma 140 and using the resulting slurry, contrast and speed is significantly increased to create a lovely darkened matte finish which still appears scratch-free from my tests, and can be refined by working the mud.
  • Sealed.

Last edited:
Bump w price drop

Still available! Happy to discuss trades for other stones too.

Back