Yet another new member checking in

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prashr

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a while and finally gathered some courage to post. :) I'm a relative newbie to Japanese knives but since my wife picked up a Wakui nakiri when she was in cooking school, I've been fascinated with them.

I'm in Toronto and am on the look out for a gyuto. I've been looking at the Watanabe Professional series (210 or 240), I haven't decided yet and maybe pick up a petty later on. That should suffice..for now :D I also have a King #1000, a Naniwa #5000 and a Truing stone for flattening my stones.

This website and you folks are awesome in helping us out and I just wanted to say Thank You to the administrators for all the hard work behind this website.

PrashR

Welcome to the forum. Tosho is
a knife retailer in Toronto and a sponsor here. Suggest you check them out.

Watanabe are sweet but have no retail presence. You can order direct - he's super responsive to any questions.

Thank you, Dave. In fact, we bought the nakiri and the #5000 from Tosho :) I'm glad we have a couple of stores that we can walk into and lay our hands on some cool knives.

For some reason my previous replies didn't show up.

Thank you Dave & Marcelo for the warm welcome. Interestingly - we picked up the nakiri and the #5000 stone at Tosho. I'm glad we have a couple of stores that we can walk into and handle these knives in person.

Marcelo - thanks for the tip on the Watanabes. I'd be open to any and all suggestions for a gyuto.

Back