• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Yu Kurosaki Senko SG2/R2 150mm Petty [consolidated into other thread]

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first WTS thread! :)

Originally purchased from K&S in Sydney, this is a pretty flashy petty that I bought for the better half originally, but she prefers a 120mm petty length, so I'm downsizing.
I've just got back from a new rehandle, but the knife has seen periodic use and has been sharpened. It has some scuff marks on the blade face from the stones where I was playing around with trying really low sharpening angles. These should just polish out with a higher progression, but I thought I'd leave that to the new owners taste. It takes a nice edge and edge retention is what you'd expect from SG2/R2 PM steel. It's not tough to sharpen, but like all stainless, can take a little bit more attention to deburr. It is a concave grind, and I've found it's length to be quite useful for light board work and trimming proteins. I've fully rounded and polished the spine / choil (back when I was trying to get my wife to bond with it a bit more). Included is an after market saya that I purchased but never drilled the hole for, but, added bonus, this also includes the rarest of items, the saya pin!
It's a flashy brightly polished knife, which I've tried to capture in the pics below, so maybe a gift for a friends or partners house might also work, in addition to it's functional qualities.

The stats:
Maker: Yu Kurosaki
Line: Senko
Steel: SG2/R2
Grind: Concave
Weight: 102g
Overall length: approx 280mm
Edge length: approx 150mm
Blade length: approx 160mm
Heel height: approx 28.5mm
Balance point, just at the top of the ferrule

Let's say USD$150 including PayPal fees and international shipping. Any Aussies, hit me up on PM to enquire about discounted shipping.

I'm not in a rush, just ping me if you've got any questions, or if I've forgotten anything.

Pics below

IMG-9432.jpg

IMG-9433.jpg

IMG-9434.jpg

IMG-9437.jpg

Hey mate, kurosaki knives generally are not as high demand on KKF, especially selling from Australia (first hand experience 🥲)
Try Facebook marketplace or Reddit you might have better success.

Back