ZEN 210mm San Mai Bunka Stainless steel clad high-carbon steel 129USD FREE SHIPPING

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill_zeng

Knifemaker
KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello every one.
Let me introduce my first piece of work posted on KKF.

A 210mm Bunka. It is hand-forged from raw materials, not made from pre-laminated steel sheets.
The hand-forged San Mai blade has more random and unique patterns compared to those made from pre-laminated steel.
The surface is stainless steel, with a carbon tool steel core that has a carbon content of 1.3%.
The composition is similar to the well-known White 1, There are some elemental differences, with a bit more CR and MN.
It has a hardness of 62 HRC and was quenched using water.

It has been hand-polished to a 12,000-grit finish using Shapton sharpening stones.
When it reaches your hands, it will have an excellent initial sharpness.

When designing this Bunka knife, I incorporated my own understanding of this blade type, resulting in a wider blade than usual.

The transition from the spine to the edge is smoother, which reduces resistance when cutting items like onions and carrots. The 210mm length is longer than typical Bunka and Santoku knives, making it more effective for cutting meat.

The wider blade also makes it more convenient to transfer ingredients from the cutting board.

I have made 30 pieces in total.
I have priced it at $129, with free shipping to Europe and North America. However, for remote areas like Alaska or some regions in Canada, shipping costs will need to be recalculated. I strive to keep the shipping fees as low as possible. Generally, it should reach you within 10days.

Blade 210mm X56mm Stainless steel clad high-carbon steel.(T12A)
Neck 20mm x12mm
Handle Oak or bocote You can choose.
Spine: 2.8mm at the neck 2.3MM above the heel, 2mm at halfway, 0.8mm 1cm from the tip(Each one has some variation, but the differences are minor)
weight:146g with handle 190g(oak) 200(bocote) Each one has some variation, but the differences are mino
Grind:12000 grit
Asking 129USD FREE SHIPPING TO US AND CANADA AND EU

here to buy https://zenforgedknife.com/

This is the webpage I just created. If there are any issues, please let me know. Thank you very much.

If you like my work, please share it with your friends. It means a lot to me. Thank you very much.
zen bunka01.jpg
zen bunka02.jpg
zen bunka03.jpg
zen bunka04.jpg
缩小01.jpg
缩小02.jpg
缩小03.jpg
缩小201.jpg
 bocote01.jpg

Last edited:
Back