Zwilling Pro: Y You Do Dis?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out this Zwilling profile? What actual use would this excel at that something else wouldn’t do better? It was a gift from a friend and I don’t have any real use for it. I was thinking I’d put it in a roll with a few other knives I have for butchering large game, it would be good separating big muscles that don’t have bone.

IMG_1060.jpeg

IMG_1061.jpeg

IMG_1062.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

Check out this Zwilling profile? What actual use would this excel at that something else wouldn’t do better? It was a gift from a friend and I don’t have any real use for it. I was thinking I’d put it in a roll with a few other knives I have for butchering large game, it would be good separating big muscles that don’t have bone.

View attachment 305426
View attachment 305427
View attachment 305428
View attachment 305429

Butchering was my first thought.

Such a lot of pretentious sneering going on here. Fact is, Thun's soft half bolster is comfortable for long-term use. So far, only Misen has copied it (and claims it's unique!). My Pro 8" is 10 yrs old. Wide blade (2-1\4" at the heel) is great for sweeping food from board to pot. Frequent steeling (forward AND backward) plus occasional licks on an oiled leather belt mean I've never once had to have it sharpened. So maybe show a little respect for other folks' choices. Sneering at them is not such a good look as you may think.
Nothing you mentioned of these is better or offer anything more outstanding than any knife most users own here.

Def butchering is the only thing I can think of. I have to butcher a bear once a year and the amount of fat you have to get through is insane, like thicker than the knife is long. It would be great for peeling off big muscle groups and skinning thicker skinned animals. Still I wonder what exactly Zwilling was thinking, I highly doubt even a tiny percentage of their target market would be doing anything like that. The marketing team must have done a panel that determined wealthy housewives like the look of big bellied but short knives.

Back