Quantcast
ODC (Old Dirty Carbon) - Page 26
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

I have, they have been around for along time. Haven't seen one with that texture though. very odd.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by theLawlCat View Post
    Anybody ever seen one of these Robeson Sure Edge knives. Weird texture on the upper part of the blade.

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...psfe5059af.jpg

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/...psd9767465.jpg
    Interesting...it's like the texture on the tangs of their razors.

I just bought myself an 8" Old Hickory Chefs knife for 15 bucks, since I'm not based in the states it'll probably take over 3 weeks to get here. When it gets here I'll snap a few shots and put them on here, then start on bringing it back. Ill leave the handle on because it seems to be in great condition.

I have a couple Old Hickory knives...ok, a few...and they are solid performers!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I have a couple Old Hickory knives...ok, a few...and they are solid performers!
    Did you put any pictures of them up the forums yet? Pretty stoked to see how you brought them back.

I just wanted to say that if you ever want to clean ODC I have found Break Free (used for gun cleaning) to be absolutely amazing stuff..

I've been cleaning up some old forgies and the break free stuff works magic as far as I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    I just wanted to say that if you ever want to clean ODC I have found Break Free (used for gun cleaning) to be absolutely amazing stuff..

I've been cleaning up some old forgies and the break free stuff works magic as far as I can tell
    Sounds good! But over here in Europe it's quite hard to get gun-related stuff as no-one is allowed to use them in most of the countries. Ill see if I can resource some when I start on the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by erikz View Post
    Sounds good! But over here in Europe it's quite hard to get gun-related stuff as no-one is allowed to use them in most of the countries. Ill see if I can resource some when I start on the knife.
    CLP is just a Clean, Lube and Protect agent. It isn't necessarily gun specific. WD40 has pretty much the same properties. It isn't particularly favoured in the gun world because it can affect the firing primer because of the penetrating qualities but for knives it does a fine job. I prefer a delicate metal polish like simichrome or fritz.

I lost out on an Old Forgecraft 8", bidding closed at 4 AM GMT+1, so I wasnt there to get a better bid in. They outbid me only 1 dollar ;(

Here's my entry:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIMG0845.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	21896
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter