2013 West Coast Gathering

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I'd love to come. I think I'm going to be in Asia until the 5th or 6th, though. Looking forward to the pictures.

Woot! Looks like I might be able to make it! When will we fix that date?

How close is that to JKI? I am going to be over that way with my family

close enough that JKI will not be open that day because i will be at the WCG ;)

Truthfully, about 30-45 minutes (a bit more in heavy traffic)

You're welcome to attend.

There's no price of admission. It's more like, bring whatever you want to bring.

And, I think we may have met. Did you bring a Sabatier to Jon's store that you were going to work on and asked about using a coarse stone or diamond plate to use to regrind and reprofile the knife with?

I would like to attend.... I'm in Santa Monica/Venice area

BTW - In person, I only know Jon at JKI

Price of admission; a decent bottle of wine?

You're welcome to attend.

There's no price of admission. It's more like, bring whatever you want to bring.

And, I think we may have met. Did you bring a Sabatier to Jon's store that you were going to work on and asked about using a coarse stone or diamond plate to use to regrind and re-profile the knife with?

Oh hey! That would be me... Nice to put a face to the "avatar"

The Sab project went well, ended up coming back to JKI and ground it down on Jon's belt, then some stone work, working well now.

Looking forward to the meet

Cool.

I'm glad the Sab project worked out well and that you got to use Jon's belt grinder.

Oh hey! That would be me... Nice to put a face to the "avatar"

The Sab project went well, ended up coming back to JKI and ground it down on Jon's belt, then some stone work, working well now.

Looking forward to the meet

Ok so what time and where ? My mother graduates from law school that day and I may pull off doing both

Marking this baby on my calendar right now. What to bring, hmmmmm. Wine? Brewskies? Though I don't drink wine or beer so my selections would suck. Maybe a desert from a place I know.

close enough that JKI will not be open that day because i will be at the WCG ;)

Truthfully, about 30-45 minutes (a bit more in heavy traffic)

Since this IS L.A. and there is ALWAYS traffic, I would guess an hour or so.

That date is good for me. I'd like to do an AZ carpool if other people are able/interested.

If anyone from SD is planning to go, I'd like to hitch a ride. I will pay for gas!

We have a tentative date and location - Saturday, August 3, 2013, Gardena, California. The starting time is TBD, but most likely early afternoon.

I hosted last year's WCG and will again host the WCG this year. I'm planning on firing up the Big Green Egg again, opening up a few bottles of wine, etc.

It was a cool hang last year, I would like to attend again, but unfortunately it's unlikely that I'll have a Saturday off. I look forward to the coverage.

~Tad

hey man... havent seen you in forever... how are things? The eastside is SOOO far away :p

It sucks that this is on a Saturday. All of the cooks have to work I'm sure.. Sunday seems more reasonable

Checking in if there are any other Arizonians out there who would like to carpool?

I have a coworkers wedding on the 3rd, in Glendale of all places. Enjoy all!

What's wrong with Glendale huh? :bat: haha just kidding.
Part of my childhood I grew up there. Weird place.

Saturday was chosen instead of Sunday so that members from Arizona could attend without having to drive in the middle of night back to Arizona for work on Monday.

pete84 - there's definitely space.

I'll post an update about numbers, etc., soon.

Thanks.

cool... just wanted to make sure it was on my calendar right... it is. Anyways, its almost 2:30am here, so i think its about time to crash ;)

Mike- Thank you for hosting the gathering again this year.... maybe I can bring a variety of onigiri this year. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Looking forward to it.

Mike- Thank you for hosting the gathering again this year.... maybe I can bring a variety of onigiri this year. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! Looking forward to it.

Sounds great! :)

I would like to get a current headcount of attendees.

If you are planning on attending, please respond in this thread with number of people attending. Guests are, of course, welcome.

Thanks.

Back