2013 West Coast Gathering

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want to go. If anyone from San Diego is going that I could carpool with please let me know!

I'm not sure at the moment, but if I can make it it'll just be myself.

If any of the people from Arizona drive up on the 8 through San Diego lemme know I need a ride!

Looks like it's a no-go for me, unfortunately. Hopefully next year things work out better.

Me and my son John may be able to come down for the day. A lot depends on my foot.

Hoss

Unfortunately, the pacific ocean is hindering my attendance. I would have loved to handle some of the knives (kagekiyo especially), and meet some of you i suppose.

Unfortunately, the pacific ocean is hindering my attendance.

Which is too bad. If you could attend, I would ask you to bring some Balmain Bugs, Moreton Bay Bugs or other slipper lobster (and, of course, pay you for them). I couldn't tell you which one I had, but the stir fried fresh slipper lobsters I had in Taiwan were one of best things I've ever had in my life.

We are coming. My foot should fine.

Hoss

Thanks Michael for hosting the gathering. We are looking forward to meeting you guys/gals. We are working on a couple of knives to bring. We are going to talk knives until people pass out.

Love and respect

Hoss

Thanks Michael for hosting the gathering. We are looking forward to meeting you guys/gals. We are working on a couple of knives to bring. We are going to talk knives until people pass out.

Love and respect

Hoss

This is why I do it. I'm glad you can attend.

So far, here are the attendees that have confirmed:

Anton
Unkajonet
TamanegiKin +1
Jon and Sara
Chuck239 and maybe +1
Tk59
Pete84
Devin Thomas and John Thomas

Chef Doom - Are you in?

Hey Michael -- did you ever determine a start time? I dont think I can make it, but if it runs late enough, I might be able to swing by... if LA traffic cooperates.

Because Devin is driving a rather long distance to get here, I would like to start around 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. so that Devin and others who are coming from longer distances have enough time to get here without rushing.

And, based on last year's WCG, it likely won't go past 7.

Wow a dinner with Devin Thomas and Jon Brodia. heck I'd rather share a meal with them than Thomas keller any day. You guys are going to learn a lot. Please take pics, and list names this time. ok

This is why I do it. I'm glad you can attend.

So far, here are the attendees that have confirmed:

Anton
Unkajonet
TamanegiKin +1
Jon and Sara
Chuck239 and maybe +1
Tk59
Pete84
Devin Thomas and John Thomas

Chef Doom - Are you in?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm definitely in. Looking forward to it. Thanks for hosting the event.

And so it starts . . . IMG_20130802_231943.jpg

St bernadus and rodenbach. Dang guys! Have a good time and take a lot of pics! I couldn't find a ride so ill have to live through your camera lens! Have fun everyone and travel safe!

mike, thank yo so much for hosting us today. it was really a fun and memorable time :) we are all lucky to have you - you bring this community together!

Back