A Question About Peanut Butter

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut Butter Is...

• Basically like butter, certainly don't need both.

• Nothing like butter, nominative determinism doesn't apply to spreads.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So a while back I was shocked to learn that there are significant number of people out there, who if making a piece of toast with peanut butter... do not butter the toast first.

They regard peanut butter as some kind of butter substitute, that can happily be eaten on an otherwise dry piece of toast, just because it's called 'peanut butter'. What joyless breakfast times these people must endure!

So I was wondering: What say you in the Land of the Free™? I imagine you invented peanut butter, surely you know better than this nonsense...
Butter on almost all sandwiches is a must. Can be skipped if another condiment is slathered on, such as mustard before piling on the pastrami.

Butter on almost all sandwiches is a must. Can be skipped if another condiment is slathered on, such as mustard before piling on the pastrami, or mayo as a foundation for a Club sandwich or BLT.

My parents used to put butter in the PB&Js that I took to school, but on the jam side. Their rationale was that it kept the jam from making the bread too soggy. 🤷‍♂️

One of my favorite breakfasts growing up was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Eggo waffles as the bread.

Mine was a PB&J sandwich using pancakes. I'll still do it every once in a while if there's a lonely pancake left over that's not worth saving for later. There's just something about that warm, gooey concoction... 😍

Mine was a PB&J sandwich using pancakes. I'll still do it every once in a while if there's a lonely pancake left over that's not worth saving for later. There's just something about that warm, gooey concoction... 😍
I frequently ran a PBJ pancake special back in my greasy spoon days! Always a crowd favorite! 🤤

Latest posts

Back