Japanese Knives Diamond stone set again?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright... checking back in here and getting ready to order these... here's the list of people i have so far:

• JDA_NC
  • marc4pt0
  • Framingchisel
  • Vesteroid
  • Chuckles
  • daveb
  • scubagolf
  • mdoublestack
  • seryk20
  • toddnmd

Looks like everyone is in for the entire set. I will follow up with everyone via PM or email as soon as i get caught up a bit more on e-mails, so if anyone else wants in, this week will be the last week before i order (i will probably order them on friday). If anyone has more in depth questions, feel free to give me a call at the store this week... it will be much faster than PM or e-mail right now.

Thanks.

-Jon

Oh yeah, im still in!
I looked around - but couldnt find it again - what are the dimensions on this set, mounted on the base?

just a friendly reminder... tomorrow will be the last day to order these for this run. I know i have some outstanding e-mails and PM's to respond to regarding this... i will begin on that tomorrow. As long as you have notified me before tomorrow, you are good as far as i am concerned.

Thanks.

-Jon

Here's what we've got as of today...
  • JDA_NC
  • marc4pt0
  • Framingchisel
  • Vesteroid
  • Chuckles
  • daveb
  • scubagolf
  • mdoublestack
  • seryk20 (plus 1 extra 6k stone)
  • toddnmd
  • DevinT
  • ajrh
  • Mr Drinky
  • Steelcity

There is one other person potentially, pending a conversation in the near future.

final list... gonna try to contact everyone this weekend with regard to this order:
  • JDA_NC
  • marc4pt0
  • Framingchisel
  • Vesteroid
  • Chuckles
  • daveb
  • scubagolf
  • mdoublestack
  • seryk20 (plus 1 extra 6k stone)
  • toddnmd
  • DevinT
  • ajrh
  • Mr Drinky
  • Steelcity
  • dough

Ha, just a bit too late. If anyone disappears, let me know. :D

Hey Jon, just checking in. Where do we stand on these time-wise?

just realized i never replied to this... we are looking at about 2-3 weeks if all goes well without any delays. It should be pretty fast, as we are already on top of ordering, etc.

Also, as a side note to those who are participating, i forgot to ask you to send me your KKF Username in the e-mail as well... it makes it a bit easier to keep track of everyone for this. Would you guys mind sending me a quick note via e-mail with your username. I know most of them, but there are a couple i cant match up to e-mails i have here.

Thanks.

-Jon

I think it's really cool that you're providing these diamond plate options! I'm looking forward to this set.

As a side note, you mentioned previously that you were waiting for handles from Japan for those PM steel knives you posted on Instagram awhile back. I'm in no rush, especially with the holiday season and all that, but do you have any word on those? You will probably be seeing more of my money then too :biggrin:

Edit: Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family as well. Hope y'all had a good time in Japan and it's nice to have you back stateside!

I think it's really cool that you're providing these diamond plate options! I'm looking forward to this set.

As a side note, you mentioned previously that you were waiting for handles from Japan for those PM steel knives you posted on Instagram awhile back. I'm in no rush, especially with the holiday season and all that, but do you have any word on those? You will probably be seeing more of my money then too :biggrin:

Edit: Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family as well. Hope y'all had a good time in Japan and it's nice to have you back state-side!

handles came in... just trying to find time to finish the knives and put the handles on

Rock on. As I was saying, please take your time! But one of those semi-stainless 240mm (or 210mm depending on your stock) probably has my name on them :nunchucks:

so, the Diamond stone sets are ordered, and, for now, this buy is closed. For what its worth, i always pick up some extra of these, so when they come in, i may check back and see if anyone else is interested.

Thanks again to everyone who is participating. I really hope you enjoy these as much as i do.

---UPDATE---

These are already on the way from Japan... should be here relatively quickly. I will let you guys know when they arrive and we will do our best to get them shipped out ASAP.

Thanks again to everyone who participated. I picked up a few extra this time, so i may place some up on our website to see how things go. Also, for those who contacted me about picking up a set after the buy closed, we should be able to get you what you need.

-Jon

H Jon-
Missed the original post somehow. If there's an extra set, I'll take one.
John

These just came in today... i'll be sending out invoices to all involved shortly. When i'm done with that, i will check in on those of you waiting for extras.

Back