KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m telling myself this is the better option than trying to descale coffee machines with my moderately hard mid Atlantic water, but it doesn’t feel any less bizarre to be measuring out potassium bicarbonate with the kind of precision that we used to use in organic chem labs.

Attachments

• IMG_5781.jpeg
    IMG_5781.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
feed it distilled water and some potassium bicarb an never have to descale is a big win for me, no need to measure the bicarb painstakingly precise....a touch or two will do for a Gallon.

5826-ish

I’m telling myself this is the better option than trying to descale coffee machines with my moderately hard mid Atlantic water, but it doesn’t feel any less bizarre to be measuring out potassium bicarbonate with the kind of precision that we used to use in organic chem labs.
I have some hard-a$$ water. Some of it is groundwater (audience: and it wasn’t ground FINE ENOUGH!!)

Vinegar descales my hot water thingamaboobs just fine.

feed it distilled water and some potassium bicarb an never have to descale is a big win for me, no need to measure the bicarb painstakingly precise....a touch or two will do for a Gallon.

5826-ish

Yeah I figure when my tastebuds develop beyond “this tastes like coffee” and “this shot is sour” I’ll graduate to messing with the particulars of custom water chemistries, but distilled + bicarb keeps it simple for now with one less variable to worry about

Not even top 5 nationally! Our biggest import are Texans lookin' for cheaper land, and our biggest export are woke Missoulians heading off to Portland!

(5,832)
In ‘03 I biked through Missoula. The grassy hills either side were utter soul nutrition. If not for winter, I’d’a bought a few hundred acres.

In ‘03 I biked through Missoula. The grassy hills either side were utter soul nutrition. If not for winter, I’d’a bought a few hundred acres.
The food sucks and I crack jokes, but it's the absolute best dirt in the 48 contiguous (tho Canyonlands comes a close 2nd)

1710559754193.png

The food sucks and I crack jokes, but it's the absolute best dirt in the 48 contiguous (tho Canyonlands comes a close 2nd)

View attachment 308459
As a desert dweller, “thank goodness for the internet.”

Another place I found wonderful (same trip) was the Canadian north shore of Lake Superior. Still pretty unspoiled back then. Wish I still had the photos.

Locked myself out of the house this morning. Called a local company for help, but it's Saturday so have to rely on the weekend watchman and I know it's going to cost me.
After explaining my stupidity and giving my address, the guy says "wait, isn't the where Holger Bech Nielsen used to live?". Turns out his father in law had the house build in 1961 and lived here until he moved to a retirement home and I took it over.
Anyway, he is super nice and says he will send someone, but it's going to cost me 1000 Dkk. I'm like that's very nice for Saturday service, was afraid it would be way more.
15 minutes later a guy shows up. He is about as nice as they come, fixes my problem and we have a real nice chat. Then he says he is going to give me discount, says he's been with the company for 25 years and has a little something to say. I'm just happy to be inside my house again but he insists on giving me 20% off. Says it was a nice chat and he will be happy to let his boss know the house is being looked after. Really made my day. That is all...

"Do you ever want to work nights?" - PM Runner talking to the New Sous Chef

"Yeah, I'll work nights, if Chef M1k3 will ever let me." New Sous Chef

"Do you want to switch shifts next week?" - Me

"Nah it's cool man. Thanks for offering." - New Sous Chef

"
disappointed-disappointed-fan.gif
" - Me

"Do you ever want to work nights?" - PM Runner talking to the New Sous Chef

"Yeah, I'll work nights, if Chef M1k3 will ever let me." New Sous Chef

"Do you want to switch shifts next week?" - Me

"Nah it's cool man. Thanks for offering." - New Sous Chef
Everything I've read about this guy makes me think you have a hell of a break-in period ahead of you.

Also we need a new coffee thread. Necroing the one that is half forum OGs who haven’t been around in 6 years feels moderately disrespectful

As a forum OG who hasn't been around in 6 years, I can tell you with some level of certainty... the other forum OGs wouldn't care at all if you necro'd it! xD

What kind of witchcraft is keeping those knives in place on your wall. Also, why???

Little single magnets. My main rack on the kitchen is full of Rectangles for ARM, so my office wall is where bench goes. I don't like to store stuff in boxes since it's so humid in FL, and its easier to just walk over and grab something off the wall than dig it out of a storage bin in the closet.

https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Kni...6Q77Y1&psc=1&ref_=pd_basp_m_rpt_ba_s_oos_1_sc

It's the same thing I use for my little knives under the cabinets. You'll notice them in the background of all my profile shots

20240119_155858.jpg

Back