Kramer vs. Kramer vs. Kramer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, they're so close in cutting, the carbon performing just a touch better, that it really boils down to price and preference in steel. You'll find that both will benefit from a little thinning, but not right off the bat. Enjoy and learn the otb geometry a bit before tinkering around.

Sounds good!

Any other impressions?

Also any comment on the pull cutting? The tip and profile just look a bit funky but i know SLT is wondrful on returns so worst case if it didnt work im covered.

Definitely considering the carbon since ive never used a mono steel carbon before and that handle is pretty nice looking

Pull through cuts with the tip will blow your mind. The Kramer tip is the best in the business. Virtually perfect distal taper. I can't remember who, but I think it was No Chop, or johnnychance who compared the Kramer profile to a chinese cleaver (at the back) with a perfect tip. Once you get used to the size and feel of it, it is funny going back to other profiles. I love a tall blade, largely because of Bob Kramer, and Will Catcheside.

Pull through cuts with the tip will blow your mind. The Kramer tip is the best in the business. Virtually perfect distal taper.

I dunno, the k-tip on my DTN is pretty $%^# amazing. The best one I've personally seen.

I dunno, the k-tip on my DTN is pretty $%^# amazing. The best one I've personally seen.

I was just looking at the one Don has available right now. He does great work, for sure.

Good to hear about the tip, sounds like a workhorse through the back but a laser like tip up front?

Sounds very interesting, i think the geo is something that just needs to be tried to see if it clicks :)

Back